6.35 Pre WW2

Found this quite little 6.35.
Head stamp and primer looks German pre WW2 to me.

Who was G.S.F

In the IAA database is written

Dutch - the cartridge was made on contract (or demand) by Soci

Thanks John,

This round looks typically German to me.

I will try to find some information here in Germany

Kind regards,

Hi John,

The date of manufacturing of the different parts of this ctge range from 1940 to 1941 depending of the elements (first step of manufacturing of the case or bullet, case, bullet and so on).
The final drawings date from 1942

In all the documents about it, this ctge is referenced either as : ctge of german manufacture or ctge Genshow & Co

The “G” is for Geco.
The “F” is coming from the fact , if you disassemble a ctge, you will discover a F on the base of the bullet.

JP

J-P - Then what is the “S” on the headstamp for. Where does that come in if the “F” is from another marking on the base of the bullet. Wish I had an extra one to take apart.

Am I interpretating what you are saying correctly - that “G.S.F.” does NOT stand for "Geco- Soci

[quote=“JohnMoss”]J-P -
Hi John,

1. Then what is the “S” on the headstamp for.
    No idea.

2. Where does that come in if the “F” is from another marking on the base of the bullet.
    F on the base of a 6.35 bullet is unusual (at least for me)
    It is because of that I think the “F” could refer to the kind of bullet

3. Wish I had another one to take apart.
    This is sure because (despite the fact I don’t have anymore a ctge) there is an SFM drawing describing this mark and referenced as :
    "F mark stamped on the base of the 6.35 Genshow & Co bullet

4. Am I interpretating what you are saying correctly - that “G.S.F.” does NOT stand for "Geco- Soci