6.5 Carcano--"frangibile" Magistri mod.37

Here’s a full charger of 6.5 Italian guard loads. The bullet has a slightly necked profile, and appears to be made up of two parts with a visible solder joint. The headstamp is S.A C-53.

On second though, these may be short range rather than guard loads.

I have the same projectile exactly only nickel jacket, but in 7.35
Italian headstamp C A B 39
Perhaps someone can confirm its purpose.
Terry.

This is not “guard” bullet, but “frangibile” Magistri mod.37.
It was prevailing used in shooting club structures. The bullet is a two parts tombac jacket (since 1940) with a tin narrow almost at tip. It contain lead powder and sand.
The guard bullet, was an anti-riot filled with 5 lead cilinders, half cutted and a final maillechort jacket holed at top and with 3 longitudinal cuts on the body.

for those of you who are interested in Carcano Ammunition, there is a very good site available:
il91.it/Sito/Munizioni/Zannol.htm

If you speak italian, it is a plus or otherwise babblefish can be of help.
Also some nice cuts of 6.5 Carcano ammo.
did they get some help from the "alberta cutter " :o)

cheers
FD

Vittorio,
If these ‘frangible’ cartridges were used by shooting clubs - does that mean they were not made for use by the military. I had always assumed that all of the 6.5 and 7.35 cartridges with the inspectors initials were made for military use. I’ve thrown a lot of these with soft point hunting style bullets that I have dropped in the junk bucket because I thought they were reloads.

[quote=“Flying Dutchman”]for those of you who are interested in Carcano Ammunition, there is a very good site available:
il91.it/Sito/Munizioni/Zannol.htm

If you speak italian, it is a plus or otherwise babblefish can be of help.
Also some nice cuts of 6.5 Carcano ammo.
did they get some help from the "alberta cutter " :o)

cheers
FD[/quote]

Also some nice photos of the 7.92x57mm version of the Carcano clip.

gravelbelly

[quote=“Guy Hildebrand”]Vittorio,
If these ‘frangible’ cartridges were used by shooting clubs - does that mean they were not made for use by the military. I had always assumed that all of the 6.5 and 7.35 cartridges with the inspectors initials were made for military use. I’ve thrown a lot of these with soft point hunting style bullets that I have dropped in the junk bucket because I thought they were reloads.[/quote]

Guy,
my poor english language, may be cause of misunderstanding. All 6,5 and 7,35 production in Italy, was for military use. The “frangibile” mod.91, M.91 modificato(improved) and Mod 37 Magistri, where for use in shooting camps, used by the army and civilian shooting clubs,to avoid dangerous bounces.
The soft point bullets, may be the “cartuccia ridotta” (reduced cartridge), again for use in shooting camps and less expensive.
The "Societ

Vittorio,
Thanks for clearing that up for me, and I appreciate your providing the links to the web sites. The 6.5 and 7.35 cartridges have always been fairly common here in the US, and I for one have never paid much attention to them. I’m glad someone has.