6.5mm Carcano Cutaways 2

6.5 Carcano sections
M37 Gallery LN/C29 (Pat) - lead front piece, than loose granular lead, and sand on the bottom
M39 Gallery BP/C48 - just the little lead projectile is fired reloadable?
Gallery Practice SA/C53 - lead with a little rod of aluminum in separate 2 piece projectile, with lead and sand bottom half
Ball steel case SMI/952
Ball brass case BP/B17
Please need help on last un-sectioned one. Anyone knows what it is?
Has red case head and remnants on the projectile
Thanks for any help… kevin

Last one with the red base

The last one could be a very rare tracer 6.5 Carcano . Please…don’t cut it or I will cry for the next 3 months
Anyway I have never seen tracer loads from the 30’es , so it could also be a proof load, maybe loaded outside Italy

The gallery load M39 is not reloadable. The first galley model used a small blank cartridge instead of the standard primer and was reloadable.

The M37 is not a gallery load but a frangible one. The third sample should had some green grease on the bullet

hello
can you “x ray” the uncut cartridges ?
we can see if this a tracer or proof load

[quote=“Pivi”]The last one could be a very rare tracer 6.5 Carcano . Please…don’t cut it or I will cry for the next 3 months
Anyway I have never seen tracer loads from the 30’es , so it could also be a proof load, maybe loaded outside Italy

[/quote]

Pivi, and all
all my Tracer rounds have a red tip and are from first WW. My last hs is B-18 BP
I also have an APT (Armour-Piercing Tracer with pointed bullet…but only as a cut)

I have never seen a Carcano with a red base, except from british proofhouse, loaded inhouse for proof of guns…But never got one or saw one outside the proofhouse…

Anyway, a good X-Ray would help…

Forensic

Forensic,

There’s a tracer in the CESIM database with the bullet that has red paint all over the bullet.

I have never seen a Carcano tracer made in the 30es. As you noted all known samples are from IWW era.

It could be a proof load made by some proofhouse outside Italy

Chop, chop!!! Slice , grind, sand. Snap, pull, BOOM! Beeeeeeeeeppppp!!! (The last one is Pivi having heart attack)
Thanks for all the responses. It will be x-rayed. Would never destroy the ultra rare or valuable.
Just as a side note, I do own some nice un-sectioned cartridges, as well as, un-opened boxes. Not all are cut.
Was really worried that it might be spotter/explosive or something worse. Better to ask.
Thanks again.