6.5x53.5R Romanian Mannlicher 1892 & 1893

A little quibble on your interesting new post. The bullet jacket material, at least for Austrian and German manufacture, would be cupro-nickel clad steel rather than cupro-nickel. Jack

I double checked and you are right. I`ve edited that and a couple of typos.

If this is your original photo upload, I have temporarily posted it to the Wikipedia article 6.5x53mmR to illustrate the Romanian version of the cartridge. Currently using the copyright “Fair Use” rationale, but would very much prefer that the originator of the photograph go to the website and give permission to use the photograph, or to copyright under the commons. If there is more information to be added to the article, please fell free to do so. Thanks!

From British government files held in the National Archives, the document record is MUN 5/189/1400;

Peter

2 Likes

Yes, that is a photo i made of one of the clips in my collection.
I have nothing against the Fair Use so it can stay the way you posted it, thanks.

10076 10179 100770

2 Likes

A couple more pages from British Ministry of Munitions “Requirements and Delivery” documents;

The second document shows that 7,62x54R production closely follows that of 0,303" despite a considerable amount of that 0,303" production being handed to other countries … especially Russia. Our orders and production for other countries vastly exceeded our own domestic and overseas usage … and the quantities were truly prodigious.

Peter

2 Likes

Kugel, that is a 8x50R Mannlicher casing , here we are discussing 6.5x53.5R

Ah, sorry, my bad, I will delete it.

Days to years late, but who made the Romanian 1892 & 1893 rifles?

Oesterreichische Waffenfabriks Gesellschaft (Austrian Arms Company), Steyr.

1 Like

Hope this CNCS inerted example might add to the discussion.

Case length is 53.57
Without a hs date is this likely to be a commercial cartridge, but; with a CNCS projectile?
Is this likely to be dated around 1912?

I found the following at: http://cartridgecollector.net/65-x-535r-mannlicher-m95

6.5 X 53R M95 H 1

6.5 X 53R M95 H 1 FULL

My example (in profile), other than being in poor condition, looks almost identical.

1 Like

Some photos from my and treshkin’s article. Perhaps this will complement your list. Everything was found on the territory of Ukraine.

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks a lot, I was fammiliar with these photos from the reibert forum.
Can you elaborate a bit please where this ammo has been found (in what region) and what other objects were in the area?

Diverses Datas SFM

Bsrg, Dan

3 Likes

Box & Clips

Bsrg, Dan

3 Likes

Hello, where did this profile picture find??

The picture coming from SFM Factory (and my personals datas on my computer :slight_smile: .
Bsrg, Dan