6mm Bosquette mit Spitzkugel by Utendoerffer

original closed box. By the description it should contain 6mm BOSQUETTE Type rimfires. Means with a brass base and inserted copper case. Headstamp not known, but most probably the oak-mark of RWS.
What is wondering me, that on the side Label is written: Grosses Kaliber (Big /largecaliber)…what that should mean, as the caliber is only 6mm

here the pics

Interesting, it shows a 6mm but “Grosses Caliber”, could it perhaps mean a higher pressure / high velocity loading? Or is it just sales point to sway the buyer into thinking it has more power/ better killing/ accuracy?

What does “Sorte A.2” mean / refer to?

Those two additional markings on the side label indicate that it is loaded with a bullet of increased diameter intended for precision rifles. Also listed as “special size” and “stärkeres Kaliber”.

The French variants of this cartridge were also made with various bullet diameters.

Regards,

Fede

1 Like

Learn something new every day here!

Yes,something new every day…
Here is a 250 box - Sorte A.
Can anyone give us a translation?
I guess “unubertroffen” means that there doesnt exist anything better than these…

1 Like

“von vorzüglicher Güte
unübertroffen
in Präzision, Gleichmässigkeit
und Reinheit der Zündmasse”
Of merituous quality,
unsurpassed
in precision, regularity
and pureness of the priming mix.

1 Like

“Sorte A” was the basic type of 5.9 mm caliber for precision rifles -instead of “Sorte C” of 5.6 mm caliber for Flobert rifles-, that was later divided into A1 to A9 depending of the bullet number used.

1 Like

This is not (saying) Bosqette,but has a number 9B.
Is this SORTE B?

Fede could you give us a clue of the difference between 1-2-3…8-9 bullets are?

Probably from H.Utendorffer,with Norwegian text:
250 cartridges with double culot for Salon gun?
And in circel :.
1000 shots can be fired with these cartridges without cleaning
Cartridges with rifled and selflubricant bullets

hi, you stated: It is not Bosquette", but the box says: with double cases.(med dobbelte Hylsen, which is the type of the Bosquette in the original French descriptions…

So, what do you mean with "not Bosquette! ?

Thx

Peter

Hello Peter!
I simply meant that the name Bosquette isn`t written anywhere on the box!
Nor is it saying 6mm or any caliber…
F

Nobody has any clue of what the 9B is?