6mm Creedmoor headstamp checklist

I have noticed that the 6mm Creedmoor has been gaining ground this past year, with plenty of new headstamp action. I dont want to say its a repeat of .300 Blackout circa 2015, but its starting to feel like that. Several of the case makers are the ultra-match custom custom sort from smaller boutique brands.

What I have so far is -

HORNADY 6mm CREEDMOOR

R - P ● 6mm CREEDMOOR (Remington)

-FC- 6MMCREEDMOOR (Federal)

BARNES 6mm CREEDMOOR

SIERRA 6mm CREEDMOOR

NOSLER 6MM CREEDMOOR

PETERSON 6mm Creedmoor

PETERSON 6mm Crdmr SRP (small rifle primer)

EAGLE EYE 6MM Creedmoor

ALPHA 6 CREEDMOOR (3 variations)

COPPER CREEK 6 CREEDMOOR (made by Alpha)

PRIME 6 CREEDMOOR (one run done by RUAG for Prime Ammunition, intercepted by
TargetsportsUSA in 2019 when sold-off by RUAG after payment
dispute with Prime.)

△ 6mm CREEDMOOR (Atlas Defense Group)

SIG 6mm Creedmoor

BHA 6mm CREEDMOOR (Black Hills)

LAPUA 6mm Creedmoor (as loaded by Berger)

SR 6MM CM (Starline small rifle primer)

★ 6MM ★ Creedmoor (Starline)

R.C.C. 6MM CM (Roberson Cartridge Co.)

AZOOM 6MM CREEDMOOR (snap cap)

Does anyone have any others? I will be updating this with headstamp photos as they all arrive to me.

Matt, thanks for making this checklist.

There are 3 variants of the ALPHA 6 CREEDMOOR headstamp:

• No space between 6 and CREEDMOOR (small rifle primer).
  • Small space between 6 and CREEDMOOR (small rifle primer).
  • Large space between 6 and CREEDMOOR (large rifle primer).

Regards,

Fede

COPPER CREEK 6 CREEDMOOR (made by Alpha).

Here are images that I have so far. Some are poor resolution, but good enough to see font and lettering. It is interesting to note that several of these smaller-brand options are available at only one place at a time - the manufacturer’s website where they originate. The Prime brand 6mm Creedmoor is available only at TaretsportsUSA. Targetsports acquired these along with the Prime 6.5 SAUM 4S from the deal that went south between Prime and RUAG when RUAG dumped them, Targetsports picked up all of these two calibers that was left.

0-Creedmoor-Headstamp-Black-Text480x420 6mm%20creed%20hs 6mmSrp 77099 77119 cf081a7fab2e1e343a7e123b50372b30 eagle%20eye%206mm%20creed Nosler%206mm%20creedmoor%20hs Rico-Alpha-6-CDMR-LRP-8623 Rico-Alpha-6-CDMR-SRP-8660 25-PM
6mm%20creedmoor%20hs%20rp%20star

2 Likes

Updated this to show an actual headstamp scan for Starline’s large primer version headstamp, and a scan of the Remington case. Updated the list above to show all-caps for “REMINGTON”, and the dot after the R-P.

Gunwerks Ammunition of Cody, Wyoming also has a custom headstamp for 6mm Creedmoor. I have not seen the image, but it should be like their others, which is an upper-case G at 9-o’clock, with “6MM CREEDMOOR” at the bottom. Similar to the style of the .338 RUM shown below, although they might have moved the G to 12-o’clock due to the number of characters in the Creedmoor name for the 6mm though. :

https://www.gunwerks.com/shop/product/ay-m6503-gunwerks-ammunition-hornady-eld-m-6mm-creedmoor-108-gr-17925?category=1

gunwerks 338 rum hs

My next ar10 :-)

Here is the Federal headstamp. These seem to have just finally hit distributors in the past month or so (unless they have been out of stock for several months and I hadn’t noticed before).

federal 6mm creed hs