7.5 Mas Mle 29 clip

Hard to find you info you don’t know Dave !

1) Pre-WWII clips

Top one : aluminium,
Date of introduction in the army is 1934.
The writting gives the 2 code letters of the manufacturer, then the trimester, then the year, then the code letter of the metal supplier
(The very first clips had no marking on them, or only the 2 code letters of the manufacturer)

Bottom one: steel
Date of introduction in the army is 1939.
The writting gives the 2 code letters of the manufacturer, then the trimester, then the year.

2) Post-WWII clips

b]Top one : aluminium[/b],
Date of introduction in the army is 1950.
The writting gives the caliber, then code letters of the manufacturer, then the trimester, then the year.

Bottom one: steel
started to be manufactured agin in 1945, they are similar to the steel model of before WWII and will be obsolete when aluminium clips will be anufactured again

(courtesy J. Barlerin)
JP

Thanks for that good information J-P, I don’t have access to my own collection of 7.5mm MAS clips at the moment to be able to check which ones I have got with certainty.

gravelbelly

The MAS aluminium clips seem to have started to be made in 1945 by a few of the makers.

Happy collecting, Peter

Jean-Pierre: So then my mle 1929 aluminum clip marked only LM on the center of the back represents an example of early manufacture? JG

Does anyone have examples of clips found in boxes of 7,5 MAS made by countries other than France?

Were these marked in any way?

Peter

Peter: There are Syrian-made aluminum clips, unmarked and identified mostly by their indifferent manufacture. JG