7.5 x 55.5mm Swiss wood blank model 1911

7.5 x 55.5mm Swiss wood blank model 1911

This cartridge is brass cased, with a brass primer and black primer seal or steel cased with a brown lacquer coating during WW2. The case length conforms to the newer 1911 ball cartridge. The “bullet” is green stained wood, slimmer than the earlier 1890/03, and secured in the case by coning at the mouth and a three, later four, segment crimp low down in the neck. I show various headstamps.

Have I correctly identified this cartridge please? Would the correct charger for this cartridge be green with a wood insert ahead of the bullets, the same as the model 1890/03?

gravelbelly

My charger for these cartridges is “plain cardboard” = ivory with a wood insert

Here you can see my Swiss chargers

From top: blank, ball , dummy

[quote=“Pivi”]My charger for these cartridges is “plain cardboard” = ivory with a wood insert

Here you can see my Swiss chargers

From top: blank, ball , dummy

[/quote]

Pivi, thanks for your reply. You also see these blanks in green ones too and, at gun shows and cartridge meetings you can see almost any cartridge in any clip! There is also a green charger changed to white by gluing paper over the outside, this was reported to be because of a problem with colour-blind soldiers. I now have 14 variations of the Swiss 7.5mm chargers and know of some that I am missing!

gravelbelly