7.5mm MAS aluminium case

I have in my collection an aluminium 7.5mm MAS aluminium case.
It doesnt have a projectile fitted but did in the past at some stage.
Can anybody tell me what projectile would have been fitted to this case??
The case has in internal white plastic liner that is closed over the top of
the powder with a “+” in the top of the closure.
It has a shiny siver coloured primer with a bright red annulus seal.
The case shows marks consistant with being in a machine gun belt.
Any more information would be helpful :)
Cheers

Is primer electric or normal?
I think that case is 112-7,5 subcaliber for APILAS.

Just a normal primer, definitely not electrical primer

Does the fired case in your photo have the plastic liner?
The base of the case looks different in your photo, mine is very smooth with only tiny bit of bright red laquer around the inside of the pocket. yours looks very ridged.
Otherwise I think that might be it, thanks for your help Hammer

[quote=“craigt”]Does the fired case in your photo have the plastic liner?
The base of the case looks different in your photo, mine is very smooth with only tiny bit of bright red laquer around the inside of the pocket. yours looks very ridged.
Otherwise I think that might be it, thanks for your help Hammer[/quote]

Yes, there is plastic tube inside.

7.5mm MAS with orange plastic bullet.

I have also alu case with orange plastic bullet but it’s 7,62x51.
If there is similar 7,5 MAS version, craigt case is probably from that load.

[quote=“craigt”]I have in my collection an aluminium 7.5mm MAS aluminium case.
It doesnt have a projectile fitted but did in the past at some stage.
Can anybody tell me what projectile would have been fitted to this case??
The case has in internal white plastic liner that is closed over the top of
the powder with a “+” in the top of the closure.
It has a shiny siver coloured primer with a bright red annulus seal.
The case shows marks consistant with being in a machine gun belt.
Any more information would be helpful :)
Cheers[/quote]

looks like a short range cartridge model F1 (old name : Model 1965) with orange plastic bullet model 1961.
I have experimental cartridges with aluminium case and ball bullet model 1924 but they are headstamped VE 1 D 49.

Michel

Is the plastic liner in this case like the FIE (flexible internal element) used in the 6x50 SAW cartridge?
Cheers

Hi everybody!

The plastic liner which can be seen in French alu cases is more useful to reduce the internal cas capacity (as some POLTE experiments did with aluminum liners in 7,92x57) tha to play the role of a FIE. Such cases were made in 7,5 mm and 7,62 NATO. They were all made by SFM-GEVELOT, alongside with their patented orange plastic bullet…Other factories like Ets Paulet (SMI, Marseille) or REY Fr

Found this case, it has a plastic liner and the case neck is laquered black inside. Nothing special I guess or?

This is a case from one of the first lots of the so-called BALPLAST ,orange plastic bulleted short range cartridge, made by SOCIETE MERIDIONALE D’INDUSTRIES , Marseille (formerly CARTOUCHERIE LEON PAULET).

After a very short while, the bulk production of this round was transferred to SFM-GEVELOT, with headstamped rounds at the beginning and very soon unheadstamped ones for the following products.

The metal code F shows it comes from TREFILERIES & LAMINOIRS DE LA MEDITERRANEE, St Louis (also in So. France).

The 3 -entries headstamp is also showing the experimental or pre-production status of this case, which should have got a 4-entries one if it had been a regular production item. An interesting case in the 7,5 Mle 1929C calibre.

Philippe

Philippe, great info, thanks a lot.