7.5x55 Swiss with Red Tip ID

OK, this time I know who and where it was made but I don’t know the meaning of the red tip. I went to two different sources and got two different answers. Does anybody know if the red tip is a tracer or something else?

Thanks for any information.

Heavyiron

Tracer
JP

The two cannelures are there to aid identification in the dark.
Jim

Thank you Jean Pierre and Jim.

Heavyiron

[quote=“heavyiron”]Thank you Jean Pierre and Jim.

Heavyiron[/quote]

you collect this caliber ?
jp

Jean Pierre,

No, I don’t. I am normally a general collector but lately have been picking up military ammunition.

The last SLICS show I got into collecting color coded ammunition. I assembled about 35 different Nazi Germany military rounds (which I really like) and other assorted color coded ammunition from Argentina, USSR, Switzerland, Spain, Belgium, USA, Sweden, Great Britain, Canada, and where else, I don’t know as yet.

I will probably be driving the experts crazy with questions about my finds for the next several months.

Thanks for asking though and I hope you are doing well.

I know you are collecting shotshells. Any good finds lately?

Regards,

Heavyiron

[quote=“heavyiron”]Jean Pierre,
Thanks for asking though and I hope you are doing well.
I know you are collecting shotshells. Any good finds lately?
Regards,
Heavyiron[/quote]

Hi Heavyiron,
yes, I was lucky to find some good shotshells.
One exemple is the GOSSELIN I put the picture yesterday.
The amuzing fact is it is intereting nobody except a couple of people (2 in USA, and 5 in Europe). And this despite this ctge is pre 1880 and is a patent.
Lol !
Collecting staff nobody is interesting in has a good side (the staff is cheap) and a bad side (hard to find new specimen).
But, when I see all the new laws the people are complaining about, either in USA or everywhere in the world, I think shotshells are the future and will be the last kind of ctges more or less authorized to collect before our governments ban totally ammunition.
JP

Heavyiron

Your cartridge is a GP II 7,5x55 Tracer for Tankbahn(tank-course)
to only 400 meter tracer distance.
…it is used in a subcaliber kit with anti tank guns, not sure what gun the above one is for.

regards gyrojet

Gyrojet,

Thanks. Great information.

Heavyiron

This is the Box for 60 rounds (6 little boxes of 10 rounds)

regards Gyrojet