7,6 Cetme bullet ID

Hi,
I got a 7,6 mm Cetme cartridge with the long bullet. I want to know something more about the inside of the bullet.
Is there plastic or aluminium in the front?
Following all datas of the case and the bullet.

• brass case with berdan primer, lenght of case ~50,80 mm
  • headstamp P(12), 7.6 (8), 61 (4)
  • non magnetic bullet
  • lenght of bullet 44,98 mm
  • diameter of bullet 7,83 mm
  • weight of bullet 12,96 g / 200,0 grs
  • deep conical hole in the base

Thanks for every help.

best regards

Chris

Hi Chris,

You got a special cartridge designed for the Mauser-CETME light machine gun using links. It is loaded with the CSP004 bullet with GM jacket and a core composed of plastic on top and lead on the bottom.

Regards,

Fede

1 Like

Chris,

Can you post a pic?
Thanks in advance

Jo

Here is what it looks like inside:

Another round to look for is this one. It has a sharper ogive than a normal ball round.

Paul

2 Likes

Paul, great images, thank you for sharing!
Have you ever cut one of the aluminum tipped ones?

Alex, for you. :-)

Rgds

2 Likes

Thank you very much guys! @Paul and Dutch really good worked sectioned models. I will post mine when I finished the section.

Best regards

Chris

Willem, thank you!!! :-)

That is the 7.92x40 ?

Yes it is.

Rgds

Paul, the second pic must be the CSP003 Bullet from the Cetme-Series.
CSP = Copper -Syntetic Material -Lead, means their spanish equivalents
I have to look for the boxes,…
Ammo I still have, but I may have discarted the boxes… :-((
here a pic from the relicts of a box;
Spanien%2C%20CSP-003%20CETME-Box

With the core shown in Dutch’s photo here is an core without the GM jacket & a 7.92 finished bullet
92%20CETME%20bullet%20%26%20core

1 Like

Thanks Peter. I think you are right about the designation. Thanks for posting the label.

Another view of the 7.92x40:

And below is the reason why you must carry a magnet when looking at CETME rounds…

1 Like

Is that a reduced-power 7.62x51 Spain used in their early CETME rifles?
If yes, what were bullet weight and MV?
Thanks

Hi Paul, yes this is one from the CH-Series (Copper-Hierro) tests. There are also CAH (Copper Aluminium-Hierro/) Series.
You can find all data to them in
Tratado de CartucherĂ­a, Francisco Lanza Gutierrez.
I am not at home and cannot check this huge (more than 1000 pages)) book.
It is very expensive now and here the book sells for more than 500USD as it is long time out of print…
https://www.abebooks.com/9788440048103/Tratado-CartucherĂ­a-Francisco-Lanza-Gutierrez-8440048106/plp
So, someone who has this book accessible, can anwer the Question from Mr. Popenker,

Peter

The reduced load 7.62 x 51 CSP-003 according to several sources had a 7.25 g bullet with a muzzle velocity of 760 m/s.

Its always a pleasure to work with professionals! Thanks guys.

Best regards

Chris

Correct,
the main bullet weight is given as 7,25Grams with a derivation of 0,15 grams +/-.
I have just weighted 4 examples and all 4 of them are 7,32 / 7,31/ 7,33/ 7,30 Grams, which is in line with the above specs of 7,25 +/- 0,15Grams…
Be aware, that there are also Cetme types with CAP-Type bullets, means Copper jacket, Aluminium tip and lead plug at the end, and also CH or CAH Types with weak iron cores (Copper/Hierro) Copper -Alumium-Hierro), which looks outside the same.
Without a box no chance to find out what it is, as weight-differences are very small.
If you have more than one round, one should be cut, if you knew what you are doing, means not from an untrained person :-))

Peter

Hi Maxim,

It is a low-recoil loading designated CH-003 with a nominal weight of 5.5 g (84.87 gr). It was designated either as a CETME or a NATO cartridge (two different boxes).

Regards,

Fede

Section is finished now.7%2C6%20mm%20Cetme%20CSP004

2 Likes