7.62 x 39mm plastic rounds

I would appreciate some help in identifying these two plastic 7.62 x 39mm rounds please. Neither round has any headstamp.

The first is a blank made of translucent white plastic and has a rather ‘French’ appearance to it.

The second round is of black plastic and I suspect is Finnish. The ‘bullet’ appears solid and I initially thought this to be a short range cartridge however there is a very small preformed cross in the nose which now makes me think this is a blank. Blank or short range cartridge?

The white one is a French experimental by Nouvelle Cartoucherie de Survilliers (NCS).
The black one is made by Geco in Germany.

Both are blanks.

That’s all good! Thanks EOD.

I assume the German one was either an export or made for the MPi-KM series?

• Ole

[quote=“tennsats”]I assume the German one was either an export or made for the MPi-KM series?

• Ole[/quote]

Here we are speaking of Geco which is in West-Germany which did not supply the GDR with ammo (I know there is much to say about).
There were several 7.62x39 cartridges made in West-Germany over the time including ball loads by DAG. Except for a grenade blank (by DAG with Finnish cases) for a police anti riot grenade (exported to an African country) I do not know of any cartridges that were actually exported.
There were several weapons developed/tested in this caliber in West-Germany.

Except for a grenade blank (by DAG with Finnish cases) for a police anti riot grenade (exported to an African country)[/quote]

EOD, would this be the grenade cartridge that you are referring to? If it is, do you know which African country it was exported to?

Jim, yes, this one!
Unfortunately I have no info on the exact country.

There was talking about Libya. And if my memory serves me well it was in the eighties. While the Geco blank dates back to the seventies, maybe even sixties.

Hans

hello
for the grenade launching cartridge ,i had in description that they were made by DAG for LIBYA

The known DAG lot number is “1-80” and the irritant grenade it was intended for is the “TW 703-24” (clearly for law enforcement).

While DAG did sell these grenades to a customer who wanted to fire these grenades from weapons chambered in 7.62x39 the cases are made in Finland.
By now I do not know if DAG received complete cartridges from Finland or if they got only empty brass which was loaded in Germany then.

There exist variations of this cartridge (the shown seems to be the common variant which was exported - as known from 10rd packs of that lot “1-80”) where one has a purplish-red laquer seal, one without and one with a Finnish export hs like “7.62x39 80”.