7.62 X 51mm " S C A M P " Headstamp Bunter Drawing

Drawing from:

http://www.dtic.mil/docs/citations/ADA097504

7.62MM Cartridge Case Feasibility Study, 1981

Corporate Author : GULF AND WESTERN ADVANCED DEVELOPMENT AND ENGINEERING CENTER SWARTHMORE PA

Abstract : This report describes a proposed 3-draw process utilizing the standard U.S. cup on a modified Small Caliber Ammunition Modernization Program (SCAMP) Case Submodule to manufacture 7.62mm cartridge cases that would satisfy the U.S. NATO grain configuration requirements.

The letters SCAMP appear in negative form (reversed) in the drawing of the bunter. Can anyone provide a picture of a 7.62 x 51mm with this headstamp?

Brian

Brian, I think this is maybe an example only.

For the weaker phantasies here the “readable” version:

Brian and Alex, this headstamp was used during the set-up production and is know to exist in endless variations, most of them documented in 5.56x45. They seem to be much scarcer in 7.62x51.

Below you can see some examples discussed years ago in another forum that reportedly came from Israel. I assume they were likely produced at IMI during the set up of their G+W machinery.

Regards,

Fede

Fede, very nice! What do the 3 positions with the defacing say? Is that legible?

uploading the doc to the site
a097504.pdf (6.0 MB)

Thanks jestertoo!
So that’s what that long rod I have is. It looks like the “Cartridge Case Punch, Final Draw”.

From Gulf and Western. I talked to the person I got it from and he has more, so if interested, let me know. I did not take the protective coating off , but it’s marked:
C20175-1A
OTC8/91

Dan