7.62 x 54mm Soviet tracer types

What is the difference between Soviet T-30 and T-46 tracers?
And when did the T-46 replace the T-30?

T-46 replaced T-30 in 1938. There was modernized components of the bullet and the tracer compound. Sorry for brief and incomplete info, but this is all I have.
I suppose treshkin could comprehend this small piece of info further.

That’s answered my question Iv4o, thank you very much.

Yes, you are right, Iv4o,

The T46 was adopted in 1938
T-30 had white colur tracer which was not enough visible at a great distance
T-46 had red colour tracer

The length of T-30 was 37,8…38,2 mm
The length of T-46 was 35,4…35,8 mm

Thank you for the additional info treshkin.

[quote=“treshkin”]
The length of T-46 was 35,4…35,8 mm[/quote]

Sorry, but there is no visual difference between T30 and T46 except chemical compound of tracer mixture. There is only difference between T30 and T46M (the last one is shorter and has stepped profile). Also there is no difference between T46M and T46M1, again except chemical chemical compound of tracer mixture.

[quote=“Yuri”][quote=“treshkin”]
The length of T-46 was 35,4…35,8 mm[/quote]

Sorry, but there is no visual difference between T30 and T46 except chemical compound of tracer mixture. There is only difference between T30 and T46M (the last one is shorter and has stepped profile). Also there is no difference between T46M and T46M1, again except chemical chemical compound of tracer mixture.[/quote]

No problem, my friend!

My source of information is Коломийцев, Ларьков, Собакарь. Справочное пособие по патронам. Харьков 2008. I also personally verify this data, and my specimens of T-30 (early with Cupro-Nickel envelope and late with GMCS envelopes) was shorter about 1 mm then T-46 bullets

[quote=“treshkin”]T-30 had white colur tracer which was not enough visible at a great distance
T-46 had red colour tracer[/quote]
Which (if any) 7.62x54R tracers had green colour trace?

T-30 has white colour tracer
T-46 has red colour tracer

Привет, Трешкин!
I had actually cited your article “Наш, трехлинейный”, which is of great value for me. But this forum is a huge pool of invaluable information and every day I’m learning something new.