7.62 x 54R mm (Moisin Nagant) M1891 5-round charger and what

I have a single photocopied sheet from a Russian book dated 1941. This sheet shows the title page of the book and pages 28 and 29. On page 29, figure 45, there is shown a standard M1891 5-round charger on the right and what appears to be a flat, Mauser style, charger for the same cartridges.

Was this flat charger ever made and issued for the 7.62 x 54Rmm cartridge? If so, what was its model designation and, more importantly, do any specimens exist?

gravelbelly

The text says that the “new style” of a charger employs bent edges and a spring (Mauser-like construction?) to prevent cartridges from falling out unlike the older one which has “little paws” to hold the rounds. I always thought that the one in the photo below was the “old” one.

[quote=“sksvlad”]The text says that the “new style” of a charger employs bent edges and a spring (Mauser-like construction?) to prevent cartridges from falling out unlike the older one which has “little paws” to hold the rounds. I always thought that the one in the photo below was the “old” one.
[/quote]

Yes, of the commonly available chargers the one with the “paws”, and shown in your photo, is the older model, the Model 1891. Later (I don’t know when) various versions of this single piece charger appeared, without the “paws”. There are various different heights to the side walls of the plainer version and both steel and brass ones.
However, my question relates to the other one, without side walls, which is shown to the left of the M’ 1891 in figure 45. Is this a two-piece Mauser type with a spring and , if so, what model, where are they?

gravelbelly