7.62mm x 25 fake?

I have this rd, headstamp bxn 54 it has what I assume is a standard 7.62mm x 39 bullet in place of what would be normally there. I can’t see any reason for this rd to exist but just before I chuck it in the “no further interest” bin I thought I’d check on here.

Mmm… case and bullet are different, but the first Regaña experimental subcalibers were made using russian 7,62 Tokarev cases (w/o headstamp) and 7,62 Nato bullets. He then switched to 7,63 Mauser cases, and finally got his cases custom made at FNM in Portugal (same case length but much longer neck).

There are also long bullet Yugo proofs and Chinese subsonics, but no documented Czech versions. The neck on your round does not really look “factory” to me.

And the projectile’s cannelure does not really look “Czechoslovak” to me.

Thanks for the info, it can go in the “bin”.

Hmm… Just for fun, a few years ago I stuffed a US-made 7.62x39 bullet into a 7.62x25 case. I think I gave it to a local gun shop along with some other dummy rounds and empty cases. Can’t say if it’s the same one or not.

Hmm… Just for fun, a few years ago I stuffed a US-made 7.62x39 bullet into a 7.62x25 case. I think I gave it to a local gun shop along with some other dummy rounds and empty cases. Can’t say if it’s the same one or not.[/quote]

My bold

I bet it is the same one…small world :)