7.62x39 Algeria

Is there any info available on the small arms ammunition factory in Algeria which is producing 7.62x39?

Also hs and years etc. would be welcome.

Hi
The factory is : E.R.I.S., Seriana - Algeria
Hstp on 7,62x39
At 12:00 = S (Seriana)
At 06:00 = 96 (year)

In my 7.62x39 Master List CD I have the following Algeria rounds listed. These are all ball rounds. If anyone has any other dates or load types for these headstamps, please let me know.

O (“O” IS OFFSET LEFT; THIS H/S IS THE “ONEX” H/S WITH THE “NEX” GROUND OFF THE BUNTER)
O 7.62x39 8
O 7.62x39 83
O 7.62x39 84

ONEX (Office National Des Substances Explosives, Hussein Dey, Algeria)
ONEX 7.62x39 83

S (ERIS Industrie (Entreprise des Réalisations Industrielles Sériana) à Sériana, Algérie)
S 96
S 99

DATE & 7.62x39 ONLY (Office National Des Substances Explosives, Hussein Dey, Algeria)
8 4 7.62x39

ERIS has also produced 9x19mm ball and blank with the three position headstamp “S 9x19 01”.

This is the only Algerian hst on 9x19mm I have documented. Has anyone seen the earlier “O” or “ONEX” coded headstamps in 9x19mm?

Cheers,
Lew

Ron, thanks a lot! So ONEX is a second manufacturer?

To all: are any ONEX hs images available?

For ERIS we can also report the hs “S 06”.

The Algerian factory has also produced 9 x 18 mm Makarov ammunition, with the binomial headstamp of “S” and a two digit date. The only date of which I am aware is “96.”

John, thanks a lot for this detail!

If anyone has a photo of the headstamp?

On 9 mm Makarov

2u56ttv

Many thanks. Case - bimetallic, bullet with steel core? If possible, a photo cartridge fully?

For Erris I have both a 9x19 and a 7.62x39mm cartridge with dates of 01.
The 9x19 is 3 part: S 9x19 01, the 7.62x39 is simply S 01

S 99
S 07

2aewo0o

Any Idea where their Machinery came from? France (ManuRhin?) or Former Soviet Union/ Czechoslovakia?

Doc AV

The “8 7.62x39 0” were made on FN machinery or directly by FN.

Where are these Algerian made cartridges being found? Are they exporting or supplying rebels, insurgents or whomever has cash?

AKMS

Does anyone have an example or pictures of the “S” headstamp in 7.62x25?

Where are these Algerian made cartridges being found? Are they exporting or supplying rebels, insurgents or whomever has cash?

AKMS

Some very few have shown up in Northern Africa but it seems the Algerians are pretty good in not supplying all sort of rebels and religious warriors in the area.

“Does anyone have an example or pictures of the “S” headstamp in 7.62x25?”

Not that I have ever heard of or documented.