7,62x39 ARES slovakia

Like to show you these cartridges made by ARES slovakia
The colour bullets are standard ball rounds and mean nothing
Then there is a blank and a rubber bullet

I will have a couple for trade/sell at SLICS 2012

Nice rounds and pictures, thanx!
But as I can judge from the pictures, the ogive of the bullets is far from standard for 7.62x39. I’ve seen 9x19 Luger with ARES bullet - it is hard lead alloy with some sort of blue plastic cover. So I suppose these are the same and not the standrad FMJBT ball with steel core. Can you confirm this?

Aren’t these lead with a teflon cover?

Well, the cover of the bullet don’t resemble teflon (at least to me).

ARES is NOT loading at all ammunition. The pictured rounds must be the product of a reloader, who uses various czech and other cases. ARES itself gives only reloading suggestions on their site…with loading data and showing all the bullets, they produce. They picture also some reloaded ammo with their bullets, but again, they do not load them…See here…click around:
ares-gun.sk/?lang=english

Forensic

The odd thing for “reloads” is that the primers and primer seals seem correct on these, as far as I can tell from the picture angle, for the headstamps on the cases. The red-sealed primer clearly has the seal over-lapping the primer cup. It is not simply a remnant. Maybe the bullet changed because laws against FMJ military bullets?

As you can see, all of them are czech cases and except one elongated blank one, which is not czech and has nothing to do with ARES. The ARES reloads are clearly reloaded with this ARES bullets as you can see at the mouth of the cases (laquer is gone and badly damaged)…reloading this cases can have several causes :-))…
but: its not forbidden in Czech or Slovakia to have fmj spitzer bullets on live ammo and there are millions of this ammo for a very cheap price around. I just got an offer from a czech source for 35 Million rounds…The only thing is, they cannot be brought legally to the US as they all have Iron cores (Typ PS)…otherwise i would have bought them…
So eighter someone likes to shoot ammo with bullets not harming his barrel and therefore has unloaded and reloaded cheap fmj type ammo with this nice ARES bullets, or someone has just fun on colorfull bullets…or have collectors in mind…
Greetings
PP

The box from the blanks, PP do you know if these boxes are original made for ARES?

Hi, ARES has no fascilities to make their own cases. As this is an elongated (longer as usual case with longer frontportion to form a short mock-bullet) he is only the distributor. I wrote to Jan, to ask for the real maker (if he will find out, I will post the answer here). The czechs loading also 9 Luger cases of various provenience with this colorfull ARES bullets, and even here in Germany is now a company distributing the ARES Bullets, look here: wieder-lader.de/index.html
The side is not very well constructed, so you have to click around…in the caliberheader you have to click, to get the pictures…he will also deliver bullets not on his list, but on the page of ARES…
So, I collect them only one of each by color as reference. As they are not loaded in a factory, they have for me no forensic value, as the “maker” of the loaded ammo is not known. Bullets alone, I keep for reference testing, just in case a fired bullet will show up, in a criminal case…

Much traffic on the way back from Landhorst…it took me double the normal time to come home…
bye, PP

Forensic, down the page in the 9x19 section they are showing relaoded 9x19 if I got it right and also some 7.62x39.

The blank ones have “21” head stamps but I forgot if Polish (crimp looks like) or Hungarian.

[quote=“EOD”]Forensic, down the page in the 9x19 section they are showing relaoded 9x19 if I got it right and also some 7.62x39.

The blank ones have “21” head stamps but I forgot if Polish (crimp looks like) or Hungarian.[/quote]

Yes, but they are shown only as exemples, and not as product of ARES. He has no license and no CIP-Approvement, to produce ammo…and may also will avoid liability, if he sells loaded ammo…and about the blanks…thats what I said: also not a product from ARES itself. He may distribute them only…

Ah, ok, then the website is somewhat missleading.

It is a Polish case.

Hans

I posted this picture earlier on the forum, but here are (again) some examples of bullets they were showing at the IWA gunshow in Germany

cheers
René

ARES loads pistol and revolver ammos, I have shoot ARES loaded 150gr eprx ammo this IPSC season and I have try ARES loaded slugs and buckshots also. I have visited there in ARES factory.

So, I just got the answer from ARES:
They do in 7,62x39 RELOAD military cases, from which they took the steelcored bullets away and than replace them with their own plaste-covered bulets. The same happens to the Blank one from Poland. He bought the rest of the military stock and sold them.But he obtained problems in civilian sales, as the pressure was to hight for civilian market. So he wrote, that they only opened the tip a little bit, removed “some” powder, and than closed the petalcrimps again. to obtain a good closure, the tip was than sealed with this laquer, which can be seen in the picture.
My question about a CIP-approvement, which you need, to sell loaded ammo in the EU was answered reluctant. He says, that he finally do not “LOAD” ammo, only RELOAD them with other bullets, () and that the powder charge a.s.o.remains the same. Anyway, thats a legal issue and does not belong to this forum. Fact is now, that contrary to my frist answer, ARES is LOADING some cartridges, even if he calls that “Reloading”…But anyway, thats wordplaying, and is again against common market rules of CIP, because in a case ofan accident, he is alone liable for probs caused by his ammo. A CIP-Approvment will protect him in the first way against such things, because a major accident will kill his whole business, if his ammo was the cause for an accident.
PP
(
) in the case of pistol-and revolevrrounds he actually loads his bullets in used cases or new obtained cases-----

PP - glad to see the correction. My information from the firm was that they did “reload” ammunition. However
their is, in 9 mm Para, an ARES headstamp. I have several examples of it with different bullets in it and none of the
cases show any signs of ever being fired. I suspect he is not just replacing the bullet in cases that bear his own headstamp.

ARES box with reloaded rounds

ARES box for new -polymer coat 9mm cartridges

[quote=“JohnMoss”]PP - glad to see the correction. My information from the firm was that they did “reload” ammunition. However
their is, in 9 mm Para, an ARES headstamp. I have several examples of it with different bullets in it and none of the
cases show any signs of ever being fired. I suspect he is not just replacing the bullet in cases that bear his own headstamp.[/quote]

Yes, thats what I also think.
But as you can see on the boxes from gyrojet, none of them bears any mark of the slovakian Proofhouse, which they should, in the very moment they are distributed to the public in countries of CIP-Member States…whereas Slovakia is one of them…If they are distributed only in non-CIP Member states (as example Holland/Netherland, Luxembourg, USA a.s.o.) than they dont have to have that approvement…but he is distributing them even in his own country without marks on the boxes or the Boxes with reloaded ammo. You can find a very good article on this regulations on Wikipedia which explains this in details in english, also who is head of the numerous proofhouses in the different states, including Russia, which alone has 3 proofhouses.

PP