7.62x39--Load Types by Country--"A" Countries

Ok, now that everyone can see how I’m trying to do this with the DDR listing below, here are the countries [color=blue]Albania, Algeria and Austria[/color]. I know there is lots of missing information and probably load types. Please add what you know.

Once we work our way through to Zimbabwe, the whole group of information will be available free to whom ever wants it by an attachment to an email in Microsoft Word format. If anyone wants a copy of the unfinished document as we go along, as this will probably take a couple of months to complete, drop me an email (click on “EMAIL” below) and I will send it to you.

7.62 x 39
LOAD TYPES
BY COUNTRY

[color=blue]ALBANIA[/color]
Ball
ID: Pointed FMJ Bullet
Designation:
Lacquered Steel Case

Blank
	Designation:
	Lacquered Steel Case

Tracer
	ID:
	Designation:
		Lacquered Steel Case

[color=blue]ALGERIA[/color]
Ball: ???
Designation: ???
Case Types: ???

[color=blue]AUSTRIA[/color]
Ball: ???
Designation: ???
Case Types: Brass Case
Copper Washed Steel Case
Lacquered Steel Case

Ron,
I have an Austrian dummy round to add to your list - olive-green lacquered steel case, empty Berdan primer socket, and an unmarked bullet.

Ron
My Albanian blanks are all brass case.

I have a brass cased Austrian tracer with a red tip. Also, the LS cased rounds were made in East Germany by “05” as far as I know, so I don’t really count them as Austrian in spite of the headstamp.

AKMS

This really is opening up a fascinating can of worms! - AKMS, why would the DDR be making cases for a big company like Hirtenberger who are already tooled up to produce their own cases in this calibre?

Jim,
Hirtenberger cooperated with DDR more than you might think. HP on it does not mean HP made it.