7,62x39 need help to identify manufacturers

Please help me to identify manufacturers of these 7,62x39 Kalashnikov cartridges.

The last one with headstamp 011 95 possibly was made in China, but it looks like PPU or IK ammo.

The first looks East German or possibly Czech, and the 011 I have listed as “Bosnian(?)”.

Дим глянь вот эту тему - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7795,там их определили как Igman d.d. Konjic, Donje Polje 42, 88400 Konjic, Bosnia and Herzegovina

There are some saying the one on the left was French, machine trials and the usual stories.

It does however show all signs of being made at 05/VEB Spreewald, Lübben:

• DDR-specific bullet tip
  • 05-specific primer brass colour and
  • 05-specific case lacquer.

Hans

Both the 011 95 and no headstamp cartridges made by IK were found in plain white boxes.

[quote=“treshkin”]Please help me to identify manufacturers of these 7,62x39 Kalashnikov cartridges.

The last one with headstamp 011 95 possibly was made in China, but it looks like PPU or IK ammo.
[/quote]

What is that strange knurling pattern on the forward edge of the brass case rim?

gravelbelly

[quote=“gravelbelly”]
What is that strange knurling pattern on the forward edge of the brass case rim?

gravelbelly[/quote]

I really don’t know. I have 2 such cartridges - one with knurling pattern on the forward edge of the case rim and the second is strandard with plain front side of the rim.

Fede,

interesting to hear that. I failed to get a full original 011 95 folding box of 15, tan card board as we know from mil IK and PPU, however no label on it. Appreciate if you could post a picture or give more details, especially of the no headstamped!

Muchas gracias, Hans

No secrets, just bad workmanship.

Hans

I agree with Hans. Perhaps a little tool chatter when cutting the extractor groove.

The unheadstamped one is most likely DDR. Note the distinctive “tit” shape at the tip of the projectile. It looks exactly like the one I had. The Manurhin specimen has a 3x120 degree primer crimp as I recall and a darker, more olive green colored case finish.

AKMS

hello
i have the chance to see a 7.62x39 made by manurhin along with a 23x152b made by manurhin (but i missed them)
they are more dark olive or khaki color on lacquered steel case
it the same color as my 5.56 rond headstamp lm 1 82 5.56
the 7.62 round on the post is more similar in color as 05 factory ddr

Hi Hans
Box of 011 (White box, brown inside) 011 = IK, IGMAN ZAVOD, Konjic - Serbia

Merci JMG,

here I stand with now 2 boxes I don’t have. :-))

What about the the white box Fede mentioned containing the other item? If it is DDR style and white we have an idea to start from in which time frame it was made.

Hans

Hans,
It’s the same box, open and closed

JMarc

Hans, I mean that the unheadstamped cartridge by IK (brass case, red annulus) was also found in boxes like the one JMG is showing.

[quote=“JMG”]Hi Hans
Box of 011 (White box, brown inside) 011 = IK, IGMAN ZAVOD, Konjic - Serbia
[/quote]
Konjic is actually in Bosnia and Herzegovina, not Serbia.

Oops, exact Falcon, I write too fast!

JMG

Fede & JMC

I understand now that Igman made the 011 and an unheadstamped cartridge packed in sterile cardboard boxes, outside white and inside tan. Appreciate that information.

My understanding of Fede’s words that the left item, pictured here above, was packed in white boxes is a misunderstanding, right ?!

Hans