7.62x39 panel

I brought this piece from Lancaster show. I think it’s neat.

Vlad–That is REALLY nice. Wish it was mine. What is the headstamp?

Do you collect 7.62 x 39 in a big way? I have been working on some 7.62 x 39 projects for the last few months. I have compiled what are nearly complete lists of headstamps with factory locations and load types. If your interested, email me.

Very nice! Never seen one of those before.

Ron, all of the BELL 7.62x39mm I have ever run across is without headstamp with the exception of the NUPC (New Unprimed Empty Case) that was intended for benchrest shooters to form into the PPC calibers. I’d be curious to know if this set has any headstamp too.

AKMS

This panel has only its front polished, so it is difficult to read and impossible to scan. The headstamp is definitely “Midway 7.62x39” present only on the last 5 cartridges, the first 5 have no headstamp at all. The back of it has 2 US pennies with the year I cannot see with the following written in between:
“by Delwin P. Wirth, N63 W5837, Columbia road, Cedarburg, Wisconsin, 53012”

[quote=
“by Delwin P. Wirth, N63 W5837, Columbia road, Cedarburg, Wisconsin, 53012”[/quote]
Delwin P. Writh, who I understand is now deceased, was the man who made headstamp bunters for Jim Bell during is early case / cartridge production under the BELL name. he also made the bunters for a number of the limited edition .50 3 1/4"s like: CTG 1990-1991, TONY’S MOUSE GUN, JOHN SCOTT P.G.C.A., OTTO WITT SPL, GUNMAKER SHOP INC, ROSOTTO 500 EX, JOHN HINTLIAN and others.
Believe he also made the .30-40 GATLING (Krag) dummies found in both brass and (chrome or nickel) plated with the Wm. A Meyer name.
Plus a “.50-110WCF 19 D.P.WIRTH 76” is known (usually found as an untrimmed 3 1/4" case).
That he might have also manufctured bunters for Midway is not without possibilities.

[quote=“PetedeCoux”][quote=
“by Delwin P. Wirth, N63 W5837, Columbia road, Cedarburg, Wisconsin, 53012”[/quote]
Delwin P. Writh, who I understand is now deceased, was the man who made headstamp bunters for Jim Bell during is early case / cartridge production under the BELL name. he also made the bunters for a number of the limited edition .50 3 1/4"s like: CTG 1990-1991, TONY’S MOUSE GUN, JOHN SCOTT P.G.C.A., OTTO WITT SPL, GUNMAKER SHOP INC, ROSOTTO 500 EX, JOHN HINTLIAN and others.
Believe he also made the .30-40 GATLING (Krag) dummies found in both brass and (chrome or nickel) plated with the Wm. A Meyer name.
Plus a “.50-110WCF 19 D.P.WIRTH 76” is known (usually found as an untrimmed 3 1/4" case).
That he might have also manufctured bunters for Midway is not without possibilities.[/quote]

Pete,

Is this one of the cartriges by Delwin P. Writh?
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15283

Joe

xjda68 - YES YOUR MAYNARD WAS MADE BY D.P. WIRTH. IT WAS TURNED FROM BRASS BAR STOCK ON A LATHE. THE NUMBERS ON THE BOTTOM HALF OF THE HEADSTAMP ARE MR. WIRTH’S ZIP CODE. WIRTH DID NOT PLATE ALL OF THE CARTRIDGES HE MADE. I DON’T KNOW WHO HE MADE THEM FOR. I ALWAYS FELT THAT BECAUSE OF THE HEADSTAMP DESIGN HE MADE THESE EARLY ON, BEFORE HE WAS MAKING BUNTERS FOR BELL.

sksvlad - NICE DRAW SET. AM I CORRECT IN THINKING THAT THE BASE OF THE DRAW PIECES ARE SOMEHOW GLUED INTO THE DISPLAY?

? - RUNNING ACROSS THE BELL TRADEMARK /LOGO IS THE NAME “JIM HARVE.” I DON’T KNOW WHO THIS INDIVIDUAL WAS NOR THE REASON HIS NAME APPEARS HERE.

No, the whole cases are inside the plastic block. Sorry for a 4 year delay in my response. I am trying to install missing pictures in my old posts and just bumped into this one.