7.62x39 White Plastic

I have a white 1-piece case and bullet plastic 7.62x39. the head is gray diecast or zinc with a flat brass primer. The bullet is round nosed with no pre-stressed areas. I would guess the case is about 1/2 full of powder based on the sound. I would guess this is a Short Range loading and not a blank based on the amount of powder. There is no headstamp. Any idea of who made it? Sorry but I can not provide a picture.

Ron, that sounds very much like a blank (inspite of no pre-stressed areas) made by AREX in Slovenia, former Yugoslav Republic.

Ron, it would be great to see an image of it. To me it sounds pretty much like a Finnish PT.

I think also that they are Finnish short range ammos.

Hammer–I think that Finnish Short Range is what it is. It looks just like it except for one feature. The one in the picture looks to be shiny plastic and mine is a matte finish. Other than that it looks to be the same.

Can any one give me the full name for the Finnish abbrevation shown on the box for the load name. Also, I see the box shown was made by Sako. (SO-83). Did any other Finnish companies make this as well.

It’s flash, they are matt.

7.62 RK mvl lkp mvh.
7.62 Rynn

Hammer–Thank you. One more round identified.

Would it be possible or you to put together a list like the information you gave above: Abbreviation, Full Finnish Name and English Translation for all the different Finnish made 7.62x39 and 7.62x54R load types. Some references give the abbreviation but few have the full name. A picture of the box and cartridge to go with each would REALLY make a good reference tool.

Hi Ron,

Is this a useful start for your Finnish-English translation database? I copied it from the members section of the Dutch NVBMB website, thanks to one of its members (not me).

luoti = bullet,
hylsy = brass/case,
nalli = primer,
ruuti = powder,
valojuova = tracer,
panssariluoti = api,
paukkupatruuna = blank,
latausharjoituspatruuna = dummy,
lyhytkantama(patruuna) = short range(round),
ali

[quote=“Ron Merchant”]Hammer–Thank you. One more round identified.

Would it be possible or you to put together a list like the information you gave above: Abbreviation, Full Finnish Name and English Translation for all the different Finnish made 7.62x39 and 7.62x54R load types. Some references give the abbreviation but few have the full name. A picture of the box and cartridge to go with each would REALLY make a good reference tool.[/quote]

There is hundreds of experimental and production versions, It would be huge list

A 0225 is 7,62x54R s-283 ball, There is no JVA 0225.
7,62x39 blanks are JVA 0319, JVA 0325, JVA 0326, JVA 0332.

Hammer–I understand it would be a huge amount of work to include ALL the known types. How about just a list of the most commonly encountered standardized types, limited to just 7.62x39 and 7.62x54R?

Here is this cartridge sectioned along with a “Plamil”? blank.

AKMS[/img]