7,62x39

Anybody familiar with code 93? Year is 74, looks Chinese, copper plated case, only the extractor groove is on this cartridge also copper plated. There is no p.a. or n.s.
Thanks, Jan

I believe that’s North Korean. A good find.

The manufacturer’s code number 93 IS North Korean as Jon believed.
Years ago, I got several of these out of South America. They are long
gone, since I did not collect those, and gave them to friends. I don’t recall
the date that was on the few I had, but it would have been sometime
before the 1980s. It was a time when the Peruvian Govt. was fighting the
Sendero Luminoso, using Russian advisors and Soviet and N. Korean
weapons for a right-wing army fighting communist insurgents. Weird
situation, to say the least. That is the same time I received the Peruvian
9 x 18 Makarov cartridges that I have.

John Moss

Thank you Jonnyc and John Moss for your answer! I wonder how they get here in Belgium? I have a few in bright, loaded condition.
Thanks, Jan

In Belgium, you find EVERYTHING! My russian 12,7 x 108 of 1951 from Tula just comes out of the fields, a ten minute-walk from where I live.

12.7x108 from Tula?
Please show it to us.

Russian, 1951, found in some Flanders Field. And factory 3…is /is not Tula?

[URL=http://s963.photobucket.com/user/duqjans/media/P1060171_zps1a86c3e5.jpg.html]

[/URL]

[URL=http://s963.photobucket.com/user/duqjans/media/P1060170_zpse0a4bde1.jpg.html]

[/URL]

Forget it, Alex, it’s Ulyanowsk. But the finding still remains odd.

Was the “Flanders field” perhaps used as a (temporary) range by the Belgian army? Could it be they did a little test firing of foreign ammunition?

Absolutely not. It remains some mystery-find. My first thougt was it was a .50 BMG as the place was fierce battle-ground in the summer of 1944. But we had several volunteers around who joined the belgian Korea-bataljon and I required several goods from widows of these soldiers. It’s speculation but maybe my russian cartridge is a souvenir from that episode of history.