7,62x39R Nagant

Please, help me to idetify the manufacturer of this 7,62-mm Nagant Revolver cartridge.
Case is made of brass. Bullet fixed with 3 center marks.
The base of the case has wide beveled edge and primer with prominet cap.

Bullet with non-magnetic envelope, possibly Nickel-plated, and lead core.

Powder - rectangular plates, dark green colour

No idea?

Firstly, is it Russian/Soviet in origin?
It could be a 7,5 Swedish Nagant, or a 7,5 Swiss Nagant. all very similar types.
The lack of headstamp could be Soviet wartime production, or just a case which “missed” being headstamped.

The Powder looks very “Germanic” or “Polish” to me.

A close comparison with a known Soviet Cartridge to note manufacturing similarities and differences would be of help.

regards,
Doc AV
AV Ballistics.

I don’t know anything about these rounds, but I will throw this out there just for another avenue of exploration on this round. Could it be some form of the 8mm Pieper rather than a 7.65 Nagant? There were examples of the 8m/m Pieper with no headstamp, according to the recent thread on that cartridge. The case length is a little short, admittedly, though.

It seems to me the Swiss and Swedish Nagant types can be eliminated, since those revolvers had typical non-gas seal cylinders and the ammunition featured relatively short cases with conventionally-seated bullets. JG

On Russian 7.62mm Nagant the lacking head stamp and the cupro nickel jacket usually indicate an early pre war production, likely before the 1930’s or earlier.

[quote=“DocAV”]Firstly, is it Russian/Soviet in origin?
It could be a 7,5 Swedish Nagant, or a 7,5 Swiss Nagant. all very similar types.
The lack of headstamp could be Soviet wartime production, or just a case which “missed” being headstamped.

The Powder looks very “Germanic” or “Polish” to me.

A close comparison with a known Soviet Cartridge to note manufacturing similarities and differences would be of help.

regards,
Doc AV
AV Ballistics.[/quote]

As per my experience - this cartridge don’t look like Russia/Soviet made. Russian Nagant cases always has flat primer and very small bevel at the rim. Most often they have 2 center marks to fix the bullet. The bullet could have cupronickel or GMCS envelope. This sample has very “bright” colour of envelope, which looks like nickel plated. Also case mouth didn’t typical for Russia - it has a step, instead of Soviet conical reduction. Only powder is similar to Soviet smokeless pistol powder R (Pl 10-10).

On Monday I will show a comparison pictures with Soviet cartridges and this specimen.

I think that this cartridge could have scandinavian origin.