7.62x51 French round, Ball?

I have this in the collection and I’m not sure if it’s just a standard French Ball round or something else, any guidance would be great.

h/s: + TE 66
Annuals colour: Green
Case mouth colour: Black or dark purple?
Weight: 373.8gr

Hi!

As far as it can be seen, it is a Ball round. Colors of primer annulus or cm. seal have no specific meaning on French Nato ammunition. If the bullets have someting different from the standard one, the only way to find it is

-either to have the original box label,s

-or to dismantle or X-Ray it, to check the sbullet shape and weight.

Cheers to the Kiwiis !

Philippe

[quote=“philippe regenstreif”]Hi!

As far as it can be seen, it is a Ball round. Colors of primer annulus or cm. seal have no specific meaning on French Nato ammunition. If the bullets have someting different from the standard one, the only way to find it is

-either to have the original box label,s

-or to dismantle or X-Ray it, to check the sbullet shape and weight.

Cheers to the Kiwiis !

Philippe[/quote]

Thanx for the info Philippe, I thought it might be a standard ball round but I couldn’t find a h/s example listed in the LeClair catalogues.

Is France ready for the Kiwi invasion? You know the cup has to come home with us after we missed out on the America’s cup.

Of course, I will stay aware of any Kiwi invasion…!

By the way, could you tell me if you know a bloke named Brioan Foote, a ctg collector in Auckland?

I paid him a visit quite a long time ago, in 1977, more exactly and we had some good chat with his collection and some other fine fellows…
Unhappily, I did not stay too long in New Zealand, just enough to have some touristic tours and taste the local wines, before to go back to Tahiti and USA…

Good souvenirs, anyway .

(I think that Brian was in the local Police)

Cheers

Philippe .

Brian Foote lives in Darfield now which is about half an hour drive inland from where I live in Christchurch which in turn is about half way down the east coast of the South Island of New Zealand.
He retired from the police many years ago amd now runs a small hardware shop. He still collects .303s
If you would like his contact details I could email them to you Philippe,
just let me know :)

Well, thanks a lot! It would be nice to get in touch again, just for the pleasure to have som chat together!

All the best
Philippe