7.62x51 match

Can anybody please tell me what matches these cartridges were intended for, or any other information?
I have a cartridge with a FA 56 h/s and a NATO mark with an overall length of 71.25mm. Next has the same headstamp but with a longer length of 74.75mm. Last has a WCC58 h/s with a silver coloured domed primer and a massive 76.5mm overall length. None have neck crimps

Am not sure about the FA round on the left. It looks simply like an ordinary ball round to me, in the picture. The other two are, I believe, match loadings, intended for single-loading only - that is, they are not suitable for the magazine of a NM M14 rifle, or for the integral magazine of a bolt-action match rifle, due to their overall length. These may be corrosive-primed as well; some of these match loads were.

craig

John has pretty well summed it up. The longer rounds are probably loaded with heavy match bullets in the 180 to 200 grain weight and are probably intended for National or International matches. Unfortunately, once they are out of the original box it is impossible to tell the details of the load or their exact intended purpose.

Ray

I have some similar rounds from Lyn’s collection here’s the details of them:-

H/S: + FA 56
Primer: FB
Primer Annuals colour: Black
Bullet: GM
Weight: 394.6gr
Length: 74.63mm

H/S: + FA 56
Primer: FB
Primer Annuals colour: Red
Weight: 397.0gr
Length: 74.64mm
Marked in pen: “200gr MATCH”

H/S: W C C 5 8
Primer: ON
Primer Annuals colour: None
Weight: 398.3gr
Length: 76.55mm

H/S: W C C 5 8
Primer: ON
Primer Annuals colour: None
Weight: 394.8gr
Length: 76.46mm
Marked in pen: “MATCH 200GR BULLET, CORROSIVE PRIMER”

I guess your rounds are from the same packets that Lyn got his.

Hopefully the details help.