7.62x51mm Red Tip Blue Band

Can anyone tell me something about this cartridge?

Headstamp: “CG” “96”

This is a tracer subcaliber round for the 84mm Carl Gustaf AT launcher.

Subcaliber systems for the 84mm are ranging from 6.5x55 over 7.62x51 and 9x19 up to 20x145.

3 Likes

Thanks

hello
on municion.org ,it noticed it here a smoke tracer ?
but wrong ?

Smoke tracer would mean WP. For me this is highly unlikely.

Just tracer. Cartridge designation is “7,62 mm øvelseslyssporpatron M/85”.

1 Like

so this large blue band on the bullet is for easy identification as subcaliber round ?

1 Like

I would assume “practice” + it being a very weak load. Noone shall confuse these with full power loads and put them into a normal gun where the projectile may lodge in the barrel and the following projectile will ruin the gun or even harm the shooter.

1 Like

What does the 20x145 look like and what is is normally used with/in, and what type of adapter [?] is used on the M4 [U.S. Army M3E1]?

Looking up the basic specs, the M4 sems like a fabulous weapon, with immense capabilities.
The only first hand experience I had was seeing a live fire demo with the ‘relatively new’ M2, and that was pretty impressive.

This here is the late variant. The early one had a weird looking projectile but I have no photos of these.
The cases are plastic and do not contain a primer. The primer is inserted into the adapter round (which is side primed because of teh recoilless design).
There exists also a blank which then simply has no projectile mounted and is closed on top, basically it is only a plastic container filled with propellant.

I am not informed which of the systems the US are using but assume it is the 9x19 variant.

1 Like

So, this pictured 7.62 round is made for Denmark specifically?

Deviates from typical Swedish and Norwegian 7.62x51 rds with white/red tip bullet and half black case head to indicate trajectory matched tracer.

Ole