7.62x54mmR Soviet Duplex Cartridge?

The following photos are from GUNS.RU, https://forum.guns.ru/forummessage/216/2354117.html, and show 2 variations of the 7.62x54mmR duplex cartridge. Designated 35VZH (second version) and 9-A-4011.
These were apparently developed (?) / produced at the Novosibirsk Low Voltage Equipment Plant during the 1970’s

Can anyone provide more information on the 7.62x54mmR duplex cartridges?

Corrections, information are most welcomed!

Thanks,

Brian

4 Likes

Greetings, on the photos of modern replica, I do not know the authentic photos of this cartridge (unlike the same cartridge 12.7Х108)

1 Like

Brian,
the only problem is finding someone who can read Russian technical texts and you have all you want to know.
Multiball cartridges are treated on pages 285 through 396 (yes, more than a hundred pages) of volume 4, which is the book cover shown as background.

The 4 volume book can be bought at patronschik.ru (has an English language page for potential buyers). To me the most informative set of books I ever bought. Comparable to Chinn’s book on machine guns, only much, much better. It is not at all written for collectors but from an engineering point of view.

1 Like

Thank you both for the replies which confirm what I suspected in that so far this duplex cartridge is extremely rare to non-existent even for cartridge collectors in Russia. What little information I found was in the first few entries in the GUNS.RU Forum page listed above and by using Google translator which provides a poor translation at best.

The 4 volume book series on Soviet-Russian ammunition would be wonderful to have but since I cannot read Russian technical text the 4 books would only be picture books for me. Great pictures that would result in lots of questions.

Brian

1 Like