7.62x54r Armor Piercing Incendiary B32

7.62x54r API B32 copper plated steel jacket projectile with steel core, copper wased steel case, headstamp - 60/86, State Factory Frunze, Kirgisia, Russia. Black and red tip.

[quote=“wolfganggross”]
headstamp - 60/86, State Factory Frunze, Kirgisia, Russia. Black and red tip.[/quote]

Please note that this was the USSR at that time and correctly spelled it is Kyrgyzstan (at that time a Soviet republic) and it is today an independent country as same as Russia is. Frunze got renamed back to “Bishkek” after the independence.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyrgyzstan

Someone please correct me if I am mistaken, but “60” did not make the B-32. Also, the case mouth is missing the red lacquer seal and the projectile should be a B-32-M by this late of a date. Someone’s reload?

AKMS

Had to pull some extras out to see that it does have the red laquer at the case mouth, just very bad flouresent lighting. There is a real small amount that raps around the case mouth, but it doesn’t look like the projectile has any on it. Your right, when I checked the 7.62x54r master it shows that 60 didn’t make API. Reload maybe?
Can not keep up with all these new countries, just found out that Pluto isn’t even a planet anymore!?!

Walt Disney even thought he was a dog .(Could not resist)

Alex, look at the bullet carefully and you will see, that the first type B-32 used up to mid 50thies in USSR was used here. I do not believe, that Frunze/Bishkek used up old bullets from that time. It must be a reload from someone…The old Type 1 bullet has, as the bulletcutaway shows, the incendiary element only at the top nose and weights only 10gramms. The now used ones from mid 50thies of Type 2 weights 10,4 gramms and has the incendiary element also in the back in a separate cup, closing the bullets base rearwards. The old ones showed only the blank steelcore at the base…as seen in the cutaway.

As we have to make all the testings with this second version, I do knew the variations very well…

[quote=“EOD”][quote=“wolfganggross”]
headstamp - 60/86, State Factory Frunze, Kirgisia, Russia. Black and red tip.[/quote][/quote]

Please note that this was the USSR at that time and correctly spelled it is Kyrgyzstan (at that time a Soviet republic) and it is today an independent country as same as Russia is. Frunze got renamed back to “Bishkek” after the independence.

You are right of course. I just did not look at the year anymore after I noticed the shortage of info on the manufacturer and started looking up the details for my posting.
…I can feel the age coming…

Maybe just “loose” components were used for the cutaway and Wolfgang had no way of knowing about the years and modifications?