7.62x54R Partizan/Silencer Load?

I have seen numerous references to this cartridge, including a number of different descriptions of its green case, bullet, bullet tip, base, and/or primer.
However, I have never seen one or even spoken with another collector that has one in their collection. Does the round really exist? Does anyone have one that they can post a picture of? Are there legitimate variations?

7.62x54R Partizan/Silencer Loading?

Here a German document on captured ammunition:

The markings are described as follows:

1. Projectile, case neck and case head including the primer are laquered green
  2. “new” production of 1941 has only a green tip and a green primer

According to Russian sources the cartridge was adopted in 1938 for the “BRAMIT” silencer (of the brothers Mitin). So far only the first type was confirmed by Russian sources, an image I have seen so far was also showing this type.
The used projectile was the “L” type.

Finland actually copied this cartridge in every detail and marked the cartidge with a blue case neck and blue case head.

EOD,
Could you expand upon “Bramit silencer”. Is “Bramit” the first letters of “Bratia Mitini”, brothers Mitin in Russian? Are there any pictures of the silencer?

Could you paste a hi-res PDF of this document?

ChristopherB.

Does anyone actually have a specimen of this cartridge?

[quote=“sksvlad”]EOD,
Could you expand upon “Bramit silencer”. Is “Bramit” the first letters of “Bratia Mitini”, brothers Mitin in Russian? Are there any pictures of the silencer?[/quote]

Privet Vlad,
correct “BRAtia MITin” makes “BRAMIT”.
Here some images form the Russian web:

The markings are the adjusted settings of the sight for the changed trajectory.

[quote=“ChristopherB.”]Could you paste a hi-res PDF of this document?

ChristopherB.[/quote]

This is the (partially poor) quality the doc has, it is almost 300MB so an upload is rather difficult.

A friend of mine does.

EOD,
Which web site did you use to get silincer drawings? I’d like to understand how it works. I’d like to see the captions which explain different silencer parts. All the web references to Mitin silencer I see talk of Nagant revolver.

Vlad,
I do not remember the websites anymore, I just take the images for reference and then leave them.

The Mitin brothers actually worked on several developments, one was the silencer for the Nagant rifle.

Something you may check:
yandex.ru/yandsearch?stype=w … 0%EC%E8%F2

[quote=“EOD”]Something you may check:
yandex.ru/yandsearch?stype=w … 0%EC%E8%F2[/quote]

EOD - thanks for that reference . . . by working through the various links cited there, I found some interesting sites.