7.62x54R "T 4"

I assume it is Tula 1904. But the projectile is wrong. There is gun powder movement inside and 2 sets of crimps: one 3 punch crimp and then 3 longitudinal pinch crimp. So It is a later reload? Any way to know from the 2nd set of crimps the reload’s date, a period?
62x51R%20T%204

I examined crimps on my other period loads with round nose bullet, they all have this “double” crimp. So it does not look as a reload but Spitzer was not introduced till 1908.

Rather Tula during the Civil War, if I can interestingly give a seat on Rebert, but there is a topic in Russian language

Azov, I can read Russian, Can you provide me with a link to that topic?

Here are a few topics, choose:

On a question from another your topic:

It is worth noting that you will have to read the topic floor in order to get to the necessary information, unfortunately, not all of us can write a normal description to the subject of discussion.

Спасибо большое

The best material on this topic will be the articles of Andrei and Dmitry:

Немає за що,звертайтесь ще)

дякую

Hi, Vlad
Your 7,62x54R is absolutely standard round made in Tula Cartridge Plant in 1924

Thanks, I was wondering about this possibility because it did not say “04”.

Correct treshkin. Seems like the early 1920’s were a transitional time for headstamp arrangements, since there are a number of headstamp variations from this period. By 1925 Tula headstamps finally standardized to a 2-digit year of manufacture. Exceptions exsit i.e, Tula(SKAS ctgs) 1934, 35, 36 had year split at 3 and 9 o’clock as well as samples with normal 2-digit at 6 o’clock. These early ctgs can be found with and without the 3 neck stabs.

That’s interesting and new information for me.
Do you have pictures with Tula made Shkas cases, where the year split at 3 and 9 o’clock?

treshkin

June 20

ppg7.62x54R:
Exceptions exsit i.e, Tula(SKAS ctgs) 1934, 35, 36 had year split at 3 and 9 o’clock as well as samples with normal 2-digit at 6 o’clock

That’s interesting and new information for me.

Do you have pictures with Tula made Shkas cases, where the year split at 3 and 9 o’clock?

You mean like this?
https://reibert.info/attachments/img_2336-jpg.2580796/

Only this is not Тула,this is Новая Ляля.

Here is what you asked, only the quality of the photo is poor

Found:
https://reibert.info/attachments/img_2886-jpg.2926771/

Last link shows the typical headstamp Ш 38 41 with year at 12 o’clock. Nothing unusual. May be I miss something?
What about picture of the SHKAS-case headstamp where year split at 3 and 9 o’clock?

Thank you for this nice picture with a rare headstamp on 7,62x54R bimetall (GMCS) case, but:

• I am not sure that this is SHKAS case
  • I don’t see the year of case manufacturing splited at 3 and 9 o’clock - only 34 in standard position at 6 o’clock

The meaning of the stars at 9 and 3 o’clock is still unknown. Perhaps these are technological marks, the same as 1 and 0 on this case made in 1933: