7.65 x 53.5 Marga

Hi, All…

I have a 7.65 x 53.5mm Mauser , headstamp F N 03, flat brass primer, appears factory loaded with a CuN bullet with a more “pointed” ogive than the “standard” round nose bullet found in these cartridges, looks almost like a Krag Cole bullet. When received, the cartridge was marked in ink “7.65 x 53.5 MARGA ?”

Any ideas ?

Randy

What is this 7.65x53 cartridge

I see the dimensions listed for that cartridge in Cartridge Corner web site. members.shaw.ca/cstein0/welcome.htm

Steve

Although the dimensions shown on that list vary slightly from the normal 7.65x53mm, is the Marga in fact a different cartridge case or only a loading variant with the different bullet?

Can someone give a potted history of the Marga please?

Thanks,
Tony

Tony, I cannot give you any history, but the Argentine and the Marga are different cases. See Vidar Andresen , Cartridge Cases, Page 185. The Marga will be head stamped “Marga CA”. Bill

Randy, can you post some pictures? I think you may have a Berthier loading.

There are two distinct 7.65 x 53 Marga case types, one is the same as the Mauser and the other is semi-rimmed.

Fede…

I draw all my cartridges, so here it is…

Case appears to be standard 7.65 Mauser, flat brass primer, no PA color, bullet is CuN, diameter .312", non-magnetic…

Randy

Randy,

What program do you use to draw your cartridges?

Steve

If you want to know, it is very simple , pull out the bullet and check the inside of the case , if you see an inside tube like some artillery case , it is a Marga
H.A.N.D.
phil

Phil, thanks, wonderful cases! There are also “normal” 7.65 x 53 Marga rimless rounds made by DM-K without any tube, like the one in the picture.

Marga cases from 1891: