7,9 FNM /HEGE box

Like to show you also this box of 7,9mm
in Germany sold by HEGE
headstamp FNM 70-16

These cartridges were quite common among shooters some years ago in Italy.

This is interesting because it appears that the ammunition is packed in the wrong box. That boxed appears to be Spanish, not Portuguese. It is not like any of the boxes this ammunition came in when it was imported into the United States, and the language of the box appears to be Spanish, not Portuguese. Further, I don’t think FNM ever went by the name Pirotecnia Militar. That “Castle Tower” symbol is the mark of F

Here is another Spanish box with the correct rounds.

[quote=“JohnMoss”]This is interesting because it appears that the ammunition is packed in the wrong box. That boxed appears to be Spanish, not Portuguese. It is not like any of the boxes this ammunition came in when it was imported into the United States, and the language of the box appears to be Spanish, not Portuguese. Further, I don’t think FNM ever went by the name Pirotecnia Militar. That “Castle Tower” symbol is the mark of F

Schneider - thank you for completing the information. I didn’t take the time to look up the exact factory when I made my answer, even though I have that, I am sure, either in articles in file, or in Lanza’s book or the more recent Spanish Ammunition book, both of which I have.

I knew it was a Spanish box, though, and that the ammunition from FNM never belonged in that box. Somebody’s repacking of loose ammunition into any boxes available, I imagine.

John, I’m sure you are correct that the FNM ammunition was at some point packed in old Spanish boxes. The give-away is that the ammo is dated 1970 and the boxes are dated 1958!!!