7.9 german ss marked clip

Some time ago a collector in Europe told me that he had seen an SS marked 5 round clip for the 7.9 ammo and that it might be illustrated in a Dutch collecting publication. Does anyone know about this ?

Sure! it is in my collection and it was illustrated in ECRA letter some months ago, so it was shown in the English, Dutch, French and German ECRA bulletins.

The clip is nickel plated, and is engraved on its back:

[b]DWM SS 1938[/b]

As far as I know, it is the only one found at the present date.

Philippe.

[quote=“philippe regenstreif”]Sure! it is in my collection and it was illustrated in ECRA letter some months ago, so it was shown in the English, Dutch, French and German ECRA bulletins.

The clip is nickel plated, and is engraved on its back:

[b]DWM SS 1938[/b]

As far as I know, it is the only one found at the present date.

Philippe.[/quote]

Is it engraved or metal stamped ? Any chance of a photo?

Sorry , it is stamped, not engraved. A picture? why not, if one day, I am ever able to send one …I managed to get logged in photobucket, but, sorry, I am absolutely unable to go farther…do not understand exactly what they want me to do…it seems written in esperanto!!!
Old bums like me are not very friendly with informatic things (is’nt it, John Moss!!!). Well, just give me your e-mail address and I will happily join the picture, so you will be able to post it here yourself…!

Philippe

[quote=“philippe regenstreif”]…I managed to get logged in photobucket, but, sorry, I am absolutely unable to go farther…do not understand exactly what they want me to do…it seems written in esperanto!!!
.!

Philippe[/quote]

Bjr philippe,
I put a topic “how to do it” in French (you don’t need that), but it is a lot easier than all the english explanations and it works perfectly.
JP

DWM SS clip provided by Dr. Regenstreif.

This clip was unknown until Dr. Regensteif wrote this famous article in the ECRA bulletin a few years ago. We know now, these rounds, or some of them, were packed in clips.
My burning quistion is, did somebody ever see a box or label from these rounds.

Dutch

[quote=“Dutch”]This clip was unknown until Dr. Regensteif wrote this famous article in the ECRA bulletin a few years ago. We know now, these rounds, or some of them, were packed in clips.
My burning quistion is, did somebody ever see a box or label from these rounds.

Dutch[/quote]

A great question. The fired rounds have been found scattered over a couple of countries. They made a bunch of them and apparently shot most up BUT they had to have boxes and cases.

So far I have heard of these 7.9 SS shells being found in most of the Western Soviet Union as well as Germany,Poland, Hungary, France, Holland and Belgium.