7,9 Mauser P334/fb

By the resurge of the P151/dnf I talked to a few fellow collectors.

They pointed my attention to P334/fb Mansfeld A.G., Plant Rothenburg/Saale

They used 2 different machine streets for the producing of 7.9 Mauser rounds.
For error identification they marked the head stamp. It was known that the “fb” head stamps exist with and without a dot behind the factory code.
The way they made the head stamp of the material code was not noticed by me as identification of the production line.
Still learning…

Dutch

Dutch - Excellent information! Thanks. I never noticed the difference on the material codes, but always thought the dot might be for different production lines, but never had any corroboration. Thanks!

I have noticed the difference in the letters in the materiel codes but didn’t know the reason behind it. Now, I will have to dig out my duplicates and see if I have overlooked some. Thanks for the information!

I got to wondering; if the style of the letters in the materiel code identified which production line steel cases were made on, what about brass cases? The only major difference I can find is the style of “P” used in P334. There are two different types. One has a straight top, the other a curved top. There are also two different style stars. Whether or not that means anything is another story.