7.92 kurz Box ID Please

Can some body tell me about this box? It’s an overlabel on Balognia 1946 underlabel.
Has aux st 18 44 ctg’s

1 Like

I have one of those boxes also. I believer the reddish-color label is Greek.

John Moss

John, right you are. Greece was using the StGw44 for quite some time after 1945 (like Yugoslavia).
It says something like:
Rifle 7,92 …
Germany
…June 1953

Alex - thank you, my friend. I recognize the Greek alphabet, but don’t know a single word in Greek!

John

1 Like

We have two interesting threads about Greek repacked 7.9x33 cartridges:

Since we discussed this labels, I have done more research about the markings and find out that they were repacked by the 655 Base Ammunition Depot in Malakasa.

Regards,

Fede

1 Like

John, Greek is very close to Cyrillic (which is derived from the Greek alphabet by the brothers Cyrill).
And if you happened to be able to ID the alphabet as such I am sure you would also have known the word “Fuziggia” and here I do not know if the Italians took it from Greece or if Greece took it from Italy?

EOD - La parola “Fuziggia” io avevo disconosciuto. Non è un sorpreso. Non parlo ne capisco l’Italiano bene più.

(I don’t recognize the word “Fuziggia”. No surprise. I don’t speak or understand Italian well anymore.)

John

John,
Thank you very much for the info. Started collecting the Kurz again after 30 years and need to refresh my knowledge. Any info or cartridges for sale is most welcome.
Am sure we have crossed trails before as your name is familiar to me
Thanks again,
Chris Ueberroth

Alex, “Fuziggia” is not an Italian word. The transliteration of “Φυσίγγια” (cartridges) used by the Greeks is “Fysiggia”.

Regards,

Fede

1 Like

Fede, thank you for the correction!
Obviously it is too easy to get misslead as similar words have different meanings then.

I admit it sounds very Italian! Here we have something similar called “Fugazzeta”.

Hi
It is about:
Package of 15 German cartridges for 7.9 Kurz reordered at the “Pirotecnico R. Esercito” in Bologna (Italy) in 1946, subsequently taken over by the Greek Army
Taken from: http://www.munizioni.eu/tedesche2/12-tedesche/113-7-92-x-33-kurz-modello-m-43.html

2 Likes

Thank you Giovanni. Great info

Don’t know if I can do this. Another box, this one with two labels
IMG_0852 IMG_0854

The red ink in Greek says:
“CARTRIDGES 7.92 MIL.
GERMAN
MANUFACTURED 24 JUNE 1953”

The black handwriting are half words, not making any meaningful sense for Greeks either. :-)

2 Likes

Thank you JKoul

You can find the overlabelled aux boxes between the lot number aux 1944 70 an 73.
aux took old used boxes.
Then aux took from lot 74 until 79 the 8x57 boxes filled with 20 cartritges ,
then from lot 79 to the end in 1945 the 15 boxes first with stripper clips and then about the beginning of January 1945 without clips.

Please send me a better picture from the aux 71 label for my book about the development and production of the 7,9 mm Kurzpatrone 43.
Is the code number in the box B 1943 or ftf 1942 or ftf 1944?
Is the stripper clip code exq/41 or ,P 208 41?
Thanks
Norbert

Hier mein Kenntnisstand zum Thema als Ausschnitt aus meinem Buch:

2 Likes

O.K., this is not directly cartridge related, but I am confused about languages, and I have enough trouble with my native American English, (To paraphrase the great Corbin Dallas, I speak two languages, English and Bad English!).
When I did a translation of:
“Hier mein Kenntnisstand zum Thema als Ausschnitt aus meinem Buch” and forgot change it from Swedish>English, it says:
“Here is my knowledge of the subject as an excerpt from my book”
When I changed it to German>English it says:
“Here is my level of knowledge on the subject as an excerpt from my book”
Is that a google thing, or are those two languages really THAT close?
Thanks.

Let’s say very close and when reading Swedish (not speaking) a German can understand a lot.
Basically this is because Swedish belongs to the Germanic group of languages.

All in color here is Germanic languages:

1 Like