7.92 Mauser for indoor practice

From a S&B catalogue :

They call the ball : Mauser cone

1. Has somebody ever seen this ctge ?
  2. Which year is this catalogue ?

JP

The hstp is : 19/SB/29/VZ 24/

So the catalogue is at least from 1929.
I don’t kow very much about 7.92 ctges, but this hstp is strange with VZ 24 at the bottom, isn’t it ?
jp

The Czech indoor adaptor cartridge 7.92 Z/D-24 (vz.24 Z

[quote=“JohnMoss”]
The Czech cartridge was, according to Kent’s book “German 7.9MM Military Ammunition,” which despite its title has a good section on the Czech 7.9 x 57mm cartridges, used for ten years and then replaced by the vz. 37 Air Rifle.[/quote]

Hi John !
To it means this catalogue is between 1929 and 1934 ?
jp

J-P - I would think that would be right, but I am not sure if the Czechs continued to sell the round commercially after the military superceded it with air rifles. Frankly, I was surprised to see it at all in what appears to be a commercial catalog.

John Moss

I have the same round as John, headstamped 19 / SB /28 / VZ.24

This is a so-called KONUS (or CONUS) practice round, also used in several other calibres not only in Czechoslovakia, but also Poland. The invention was Austrian. It was sold with all the components in separate containers, and a special decapping wrench

I obtained it at a German ECRA show in Schw

[quote=“JohnMoss”]J-P - Frankly, I was surprised to see it at all in what appears to be a commercial catalog.
John Moss[/quote]

John I am wondering also.

Indeed this S&B catalogue is in French, and they list not only hunting calibers but also military calibers like :
7.65 Belgian,
7.92 : S, SS, ogival , AP, red tracer, wooden, observation bullet

To know the exact date would help me
JP

J-P: I’m sure you have, but did you look at the pictures of any other of the military rounds to show what date they had on the drawn headstamps? If they are all 1929, for instance, I would bet that the catalog would be from 1929 or 1930. Just a thought. It may lead nowhere.

John M.

[quote=“JohnMoss”]J-P: I’m sure you have, but did you look at the pictures of any other of the military rounds to show what date they had on the drawn headstamps? If they are all 1929, for instance, I would bet that the catalog would be from 1929 or 1930. Just a thought. It may lead nowhere.

John M.[/quote]

The other hstps are :
8 Mannlicher Schonauer : 19/SB/26/V/ and /SB//P and 19/SB/26/XI/
8 Mauser : 19/SB/29/IX/
303 : 19/SB/28/P/

1. Why is there a P instead of a number ?
  2. Never seen a 303 with such a military hstp.

JP