7.92 x 107 Polish Maserzek

I have following examples of this round:

s.S Type Ball with “N 67 38 (Polish Eagle)” headstamp. Chromed bullet and green Primer Seal.

S.m.K.H.Rs.L’Spur with “P490 Wa-201 40 3 k” headstamp. Black tip bullet and red Primer Seal

These are the only loads and headstamps I have ever seen. Kent mentions a German red plastic dummy and a Polish blank with no headstamp. Can anyone post a picture of these?

Are there other loads? What other headstamps are there (Lot numbers, dates, etc.), especially for the P490 headstamp.

Find on the site http: // 8mauser.org / before he closes.

Not to forget the Polish dummy.

As Italy adopted many of the Polish AT Rifles ( Fucile Controcarro Modello 1940) did any of the Italian Ammo makers make 7,9x107??? The rifles were used in North Africa 40-42, and also probably on the Russian Front.

regards,
Doc AV
AV Ballistics

pierrejean–I went to the link you provided but all I got was a blank page.

Thanks for the pictures.They are great. How about the blank with a blue bullet?

Anybody have any headstamps besides the 2 I listed?

EOD–Any picture of the Polish Dummy?

Ron
The headstamp on the one I picked up in St Louis is: N 38 67 “Polish eagle” (or should I have read/recorded it as: N 67 38 “eagle” ?)

Sorry Ron, no images.

Tailgunner-OOPS!! I made a typo above (now corrected). Mine is also “67” not “68”. This is actually the alloy content (67% copper).

Hi!

The red plastic dummy is a copy, as you said, made in Holland in the 70ies, and so headstamped. I have seen a single genuine original one, figuring on a POLTE board in the Woodin Laboratory , Tucson, AZ.
The finish is quite more glossy and the color a little paler, probably to plastic ageing, even if its material, Trolitul, (a mixture of styrene from the now defunct IG Farben, is keeping its properties during long times.

Another extremely scarce Polte red plastic dummy is a 20 mm Madsen, a specimen did show up in Denmark, in the 8Oies. It was found on a presentation board kept as a WW II trophy in the mess of an aicraft base, and a local collextor managed to obtain it after months of contorsions (!).

There is ALSO a 28-20 “Gerlich” style for the s.Pz.B.41…

Have nice dreams

Phil,

AND PLEASE STOP TO CALL Josef MAROSZEK "Mazerzek !!! Let him R.I.P.

[quote=“stuka222”]
Another extremely scarce Polte red plastic dummy is a 20 mm Madsen, a specimen did show up in Denmark, in the 8Oies. It was found on a presentation board kept as a WW II trophy in the mess of an aicraft base, and a local collextor managed to obtain it after months of contorsions (!).
.[/quote]

I got mine from Denmark in about 2002 and know of another one there. Including the one Bill has I know of at least 4 if not 5 of them.

Isn’t the red plastic dummy of the 7.92x94 PzB 39 cartridge also rare (as in only a few known)?

This are the display boards at the Woodin lab

these next 3 are at my collection all have a KOPY or REPLICA headstamp

also from the Woodin lab …

Does anybody know what the one on the left is? (last image)

I am not sure, but from the ogive of the “bullet” it looks like the plain wood bullet Platzpatrone. This row of cartridges from the Lab looks like the non-tactical loads - blank, “stahlpatronen” (headspace gauges), and exerzierpatronen (dummies).

John Moss

John, it looks much like a FMJ projectile and the case is semi rimmed and the rim is knurled.

EOD & John–It may be a Platzpatrone, but I have never seen anything like it in any book. Notice the knurled rim as well as the strange bullet.

Ron, check on my posting above your’s.

EOD–I did not notice that the thread had rolled over to a second page, so I did not see your post until just a couple minutes ago. Was a knurled rim used by WW-II Germany on any other caliber other than flares?

Not that I know of. The case in question here looks also like a semi rimmed one.