7,92 x 28 European trials ?!

I just read in chinese internet about european trials with a new caliber.

7,92 x 24

and

7,92 x 28

There are different bullets fmj, tyre penetrator and AP

Any informations ??

They are made by a Belgium firm, See for yourself on
http://www.vbr-belgium.be/c-basic/home/

The whole company with its products looks strange to me.

Here they try to copy the Russian 7N21 9x19 cartridge.
vbr-belgium.be/c-basic/home/ … 86&pid=316
Their projectile is way different from the Russian one and besides this according to the Russians the 7N31 is better than the 7N21 and the latest is the 7N30. So these people try to copy an outdated projectile they probably have no idea of how it looks?

Any opinions?

Thanks for the link 224BOZ. I didnt heard about it befor. All the examples of ammo and projectiles are new to me.
They surely have an idea of the russian stuff and simply make their own version.
I think these bullets are much easier to produce than the russian ones.
VBR seems to be very flexible and make bullets and ammo for the customer in what ever shape or load. Very important in today business.

Here is mor about the history and the gun …

securityarms.com/forums/show … BR-Belgium

The brass is simply an unnecked 5,7 x 28 case trimmed down to proper length and usind a .32 bullet.

Some pict from the web site…

i96.photobucket.com/albums/l199/ … reeks6.jpg

i96.photobucket.com/albums/l199/ … 92enkl.jpg

i96.photobucket.com/albums/l199/ … empel1.jpg

Hello, the last post is in fact a copyright violation and should be ommitted, except the poster has the ok for doing so from the owner of the website.
On the website of this firm they claim the sole Copyright for their pictures and such things on the site.
This should be obeyed from the IAA-Forum. Linking to the site is not forbidden, but taking pictures out from the side to puplish them here, is…

Here is the text from the site:
"Any unauthorised use of VBR-BELGIUM / FSDIP technology and pictures displayed on the present site will be prosecuted. VBR-BELGIUM / FSDIP declines all liability for any use of this site

Forensic

Interesting comments.

Can you display something on the Internet and then assert that no one can copy and display it on another Internet site?

What say you lawyers out there?

Ray

[quote=“Ray Meketa”]Forensic

Interesting comments.

Can you display something on the Internet and then assert that no one can copy and display it on another Internet site?

What say you lawyers out there?

Ray[/quote]

This is usual Internet right and published in several laws in Europe…and of course in some overseas laws as well.
As I say:Its not forbidden to link to the site, but taking pictures out is a violaton of personal rights of the person, who possesses the original rights.
Without the permission granted, he or she, or this firm can sue anybody connected with the “publishing” and with connection to it (means in fact the IAA as the owner of the site). There are a lot of courts decisions about that, but as it is the choice of the IAA, I dont care, as it will not harm me, but can cost the IAA a lot of money…
I remember me ones on a Bu. versus Ho. case (use of pics without permission)…

Forensic

We do need to check into this. It is my understanding (which MAY be incorrect) that under the Fair Use policy, up to 10% of a publication may be copied without violating copyright as long as it is NOT done for commercial use or profit and appropriate notice of the source is given.

If this is not the fact, then reproducing box labels, advertisements, company literature, etc. would ALL be prohibited. 90% of the pictures in the IAA Journal would be illegal. Also, it would bar book reviews where short sections of a book are quoted or the advertising of books showing the cover.

I will try to research this and ascertain what the facts are in relation to U.S. Copyright laws.

Same idea as copying a photo out of book or similar source to use for your own purposes. This is fairly common on the Net, actually. OTOH, most companies trying to get new technology / designs / systems to the market are not adverse to this when there is attribution - in fact they are glad to have the free advertising, hoping it will arouse interest / drive demand for their product(s). This one may be different.

[quote=“Forensic”]Hello, the last post is in fact a copyright violation < . . . . > On the website of this firm they claim the sole Copyright for their pictures and such things on the site. < . . . . >

Here is the text from the site:
"Any unauthorised use of VBR-BELGIUM / FSDIP technology and pictures displayed on the present site will be prosecuted. VBR-BELGIUM / FSDIP declines all liability for any use of this site

Here is a statement from the U.S. Copyright Office of the Library of Congress. Of particuilar note is the section about use for “teaching, scholarship, and research”. Use on the Forum, I believe, falls under all three provision and thus reproduction of the aforesaid images would, in my opinion be legal.

==========================

One of the rights accorded to the owner of copyright is the right to reproduce or to authorize others to reproduce the work in copies or phonorecords. This right is subject to certain limitations found in sections 107 through 118 of the Copyright Act (title 17, U. S. Code). One of the more important limitations is the doctrine of

For background: The photo in question was NOT posted on the IAA site (i.e. copied on to the IAA site server). The image remained on the original location, or the poster copied it to a photo hosting site (not the IAA site). What was posted on the IAA site is merely an electronic link which allows the viewer’s computer to call up the image from the original location (or photo hosting site if the poster copied it there).
IAA has NO control over individual posters who may provide links to images on other sites, or may copy images to photo hosting sites. Inappropriate or illegal postings may lead to suspension or cancellation of the individual poster’s privilege of posting on the IAA web site/
IAA does not intentionally infringe on any copyright materials, and encourages all our visitors to respect the letter and spirit of their national and international copyright laws.

John S.–In light of what I posted from the U.S. Copyright Office, which to me seems clear enough, that the images and text from Copyrighted material is legal for “Fair Use” as everything on the Forum is for “nonprofit educational purposes”, do you want me to repost the links I removed?

[quote=“Iconoclast”]
Forensic, respectfully, I’m not doubting you, but I’ve looked over much of the VBR site and cannot find this verbiage (nor, for that matter, two of the pictures shown above, although certainly they came from this source or one associated with it) - can you please provide the URL? Obviously no one involved with this site or the Association has any desire to infringe on any copyrighted material, but usually such dire warnings are highlighted in a predominant manner and I’ll be damned if I can find anything of this nature on the Home page, in the “Legal” section or on the other pages I checked. There is an “all rights reserved” link (I’m guessing as it is in Flemish) but it leads to a main page other than to any restrictive admonitions.
.[/quote]

Here is the link where they expressly say the text, which I published above…
vbr-belgium.be/c-basic/home/ … =0&pid=206

Its in the english legal section. The second chapter from the bottom line…

Forensic