7.92 x 57 Dummy Cartridges photos+

Hello together,

I collect 7.92x57 dummy cartridges international 1888 - 1980. Would like to purchase any I don’t have. Please contact me. email: ersatzteile98@web.de

Greetings from Germany,

Chris

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum and sharing the picture of the rounds, however, this part of the Forum does not allow Buy, Sale, or Trade offers. That is available for members only.

Sorry, how can I remove the post?

Welcome here Chris, just alter your text to something like “introducing 7.92x57 dummies” and leave the photo where it is. And maybe other people will feel like showing their dummies too.

1 Like

Welcome! I love the picture! :smile:

Grant

I changed the title, hopefully it sounds a little better

Here are few 7,92x57 Dummies from my collection.

5 Likes

Hi Chris,
If you get time, can we see a better picture of the first ones headstamp?
JR 7.9 Dummy
Thanks, Dan

20210209_172221

Better Pictures for you😉

4 Likes

Great images of a quite early Czechoslovak one. Thank you for sharing!

Thank You Chris!
Very nice headstamp and cartridge!
Dan

I can show a few German Ex rounds.

Rgds

4 Likes

I’m sure that all are aware of this but thought I’d point it out just in case. The Danish round below started life as British BESA round. These were later sold to the Danish who converted them into drill rounds. Note the headstamp shows Kynoch loading this 1943 made case as a Mk II tracer. The Danes added the three circular groves to the case and loaded with a wood bullet.

Screenshot 2021-02-12 095226

2 Likes

A Few GDR rounds

2 Likes

These are my Spanish 7,9x57 drill cartridges;

Left to right;

FNP 7,92 946
FNP 7,92 946
FNP 7,92 946
FNP 7,92 951
PS 1946 X1
PS 1952
T 7,9 59

My British 7,92x57 BESA drill and inspection ones;

S 10 10 S
K1D
None
K53 D3
K53 D3
K 44 U II

… and my “other European” ones;

FN34
K57 2Z
K5 O 43 GIIZ
HHW St + 17 44
BPD 953
None
FCPQ 1 39
FNP 7,92 946
*11 * 55

Pete

Edited to add headstamps

3 Likes

Could you post the headstamps of these cartridges, please?

Crossed out lower left are Besa ball.

4 Likes

It is also unfortunate but posting or mailing even dummy rounds these days can meet with trouble as mail is in may cases X-Rayed and stopped.

Seitler - that is a nice selection of DDR Ex.patronen. I have not seen the two steel-case versions with normal GM and CN bullets before. I envy the beautiful condition of them as well.

When I sold off my 7.9 collection, I keep all my DDR rounds, as I have a secondary collection of nothing but DDR cartridges, everything except Shotgun Shells, and not those simply because I found it too hard to figure out what were actually made in the DDR as opposed to simply made in Eastern Germany before and after the DDR existed. Thanks for posting those.

John Moss

Hello all of you.
Here i put some spanish dummys from my collection.
Pedro

5 Likes