7.92x57 "DZ"

IAA headstamp ID = unknown factory . Poland.
Municion.org ID = F

John Moss isn’t here but I’ll take a stab at this one. The cartridge case was, I think, produced in the Polish government cartridge factory at Skarzysko-Kamienna, indicated by the Polish eagle at 12 o’clock. The brass supplier is indicated by the letters DZ, which I believe is known but I’m without my references now. Polish interwar military ammo usually has an indication of both source of metal used and the place of manufacture. In some cases they are the same, but not usually. JG

sksvlad,

To my opinion DZ is the brass supplier and is orginated with Dziedzice-Walcownia Metali. Located in Czechowice-Dziedzice near Katowice in Silesia. Still operating under state control.

451kr.

I’ll chime in guys, mostly to confirm. I haven’t been feeling up to snuff the last couple of days, and have also had a lot of research to do for people other than the Forum. I am still here (not sure that is a plus).

Firstly, the eagle is the loading factory mark. I will give it here primarily for the correct spelling (above, "F

• The green annulus shows a “heavy” round [like the Czech and Romanian 7.92X57 cartridges from the same period of time which also had green annulus]. I assume “36” is the two digit date for 1936 and “67” is the lot number. Liviu 11/10/07

Liviu - yes, “36” is the year of manufacture. However, “67” is not the lot number - it is the brass analysis symbol - brass alloy of 67% copper. Occasionally you see a Polish round with “72” indicating 72% copper.

John Moss

• @ John Moss: I was afraid of that. The content of copper is also marked on the WW1 German made 7.92X57 rounds, if I’m not wrong. Thanks for the correction! Liviu 11/11/07