7.92x57 l.e. patrone

Hello All of you.
I have this cartridge and i am not sure its original. The cartridge haven’t powder.
Can you help me?.

Thank you

Looks like a “LE” (Luft-Einschieß). An air force ranging spotter cartridge.
Let’s wait for the experts.

Not even close to being an expert in 7.9 but I think Alex is correct,

Have a look inside.

LE-WW1

Thank you for your answers
Dutch. If the cartridge you show is yours, can you said me how long is the ball?

Thank you very much

Pedro.

Unfortunately I cannot take any measurements.
I took this picture many years ago by a fellow collector.

Regards

Given that we know the diameter of a 8x57 bullet as 8,20mm then the one in the pic is @40,5mm long.

Thank you very much all of you.

Regards, Pedro

From the drawing what you can see the length would be 40mm and the weight would be 14 Gram.
The drawing also mention that the bottom of these bullets are impressed with the letter A /16 ( Alder - 1916 )

LE - 1

451kr.

PS: The box.

451Kr.
Thank you for the picture and the photo.

I think its the same ball.

Here is a British drawing:

A Dutch drawing, about 1917, as well

Hi Dutch or EOD
This is the first time I see this round shown I have been looking for one of those through out my
collecting years this must be one of the rarest leftovers from all the German ammo under discussion
I would like your opinion since this item to my knowledge is attributed to the first war how much of it
was made?
Sherryl

Thank you for all your pictures.
Pedro

Sherryl, this is not so easy to explain.

Alder became the first order of 200 000 LE bullets on 17 April 1916.
There ware already 15 000 round shipped for front testing.
They were giving to the flight groups in quantities of 1000 rounds each.
Josef Mötz is writing in his marvellous book Österreichische Millitärpatronen that this first 15 000 rounds could be shipped as a cartridge, means they could have an Austrian head stamp. / */ */H/ */.

They were loaded by the GPK ( Gewehr Prufungs Kommission) in Spandau-Ruhleben were the loading on Spandau cases was done. The powder load was done in a way that the flight characteristics were the same as the SmK.

There were several million bullets shipped to Germany, and the last shipment of 20 000 LE bullets was on 16. October 1917.

This cartridge was obsolete by the introduction of the SmK tracer.

Thanks a lot to 451kr, Fede and DerkJan for posting the drawings.

Fede
Thanks for your reply,I am perfectly pleased with it there is not much to say except that when deliveries
already ceased in 1917 with another year of war on the horizon no I do not think that much of that ammo
was left by Nov 1918 then no one knows what they did with the rest.no wonder they are as scarce as
Hennes thees thanks again
Sherryl

A russian picture from 1946.