7,92x57

Could anyone identify the maker of the following 7,92x57 cases?

Regards 451kr.

The “CI” headstamp is from the Spanish Civil War. I can’t identify the maker, though, but will mention to those who are confused by the symbols that this headstamp is a double strike, with the second strike being rotated 120 degrees (approximately). The actual headstamp would read “CI 1937 *” with the last entry, the " * " being at about the 8 O’Clock position on the headstamp. Being double struck, the " * " turned the “I” into an interesting, although non-existing character.

John Moss

John, you have eyes like an eagle.

Rgds
Dutch

Actually, I’m blind as a bat. But in my mind, I soar with the eagles. even if my wife does call me “bat-brain.”

John Moss

Was that round made in Germany by Dynamit Nobel? The lettering looks very similar to some 7.92 made by P120 I have. The primer crimps also look very German. Could the green annulus indicate a heavy ball round?

Falcon - you have a very good eye. The Spanish Civil War headstamps in this series were made by RWS at various factories under their control. “CI” is from Dyamit A.-G., vormals Alfred Nobel & Co., Werk Empelde, who used the code “120”. “CII” is unknown. “CIII” was made by Rheinisch-Westfälische Sprengstoff A.-G., Werk Nürnberg-Stadeln, who used code P151."

The other shell is also German manufacture, but the maker is unknown at this time.

Information thanks to list of German 7.9 x 57 mm headstamps put together by Dutch with assistance from 7.9 collectors the world over.

The green primer seal is used in the normal German fashion here, to identify the Type s.S. load.

John Moss

I have a round headstamped “P120 S* 9 39”, and I thought the characters looked identical.

Thanks John for the information.
I didn`t see the double strike , but that is rare to see that the second strike is exact 60° rotate.
I assume that these where platzpatronen ( blanks ) because they have no primer crimps.

451kr.

These two headstamps were amidst a bunch of dug-outs from a Polish auction site.

It seems that their owner (and seller) found a huge quantity of fired brass, all from reloads as Platz Patronen 33, and with spent primers, probably on the place of a German wartime training camp…

What is puzzling is the fact that this diverse cartridges, obviously left-overs from the Spanish civil war discret contracts arrived all together in WWII german occupied Poland. Many training camps with shooting ranges were installed in the so-called General Gouvernement, mostly in seized exPolish barracks and garrisons, but we cannot ignore that spent brass was precious, had to be recycled for the war industry, and not abandonned in this way…

Amidst the illustrated headstamps, any kind of german pre WWII cases were found, including some SS-TV !

Cheers to everybody

Philipppe