7,9mm Mauser blanks

I have a question about these two cartridges
Were these military / commercial made

thanks
gyrojet

No idea, but if you have one extra…
With the year on it it has a millitary feel to it.

The are military (with some possible police use, I suppose). It was the standard blank round of the Yugoslav military for years. The same basic blank exists in 7.62 x 39 as well. They were made by Prvi Partizan, Udice. The “nny” is the Cyrillic form of “PPU.”

The standard rifle of Yugoslavia for years was a form of the Mauser K98k (little difference top handguard and perhaps some differences in other furniture as well. It was, I believe, called the “M-48” after the War. I could be wrong on that. I am a little under the weather and don’t want to go down to my basement room - its cold out here right now - to look it up. Someone can probably tell you the complete, correct Yugoslavian designation for these cartridges. Again, I don’t have that information handy, and have forgotten it.

Sorry for an incomplete answer. Best I can do right now.

[quote Someone can probably tell you the complete, correct Yugoslavian designation for these cartridges. [/quote]

I’ve got these catalogued as ‘7.9mm M69 Metak Manevarski’.

Thank you gentlemen

thanks
gyrojet

sorry Chris no cartridges Double…

Hi gyrojet, here is the full designation as mentioned in a military manual dated 1974:

Regards,

Fede

These were military and also used in Yugoslav MG42 copies.

Actually, EOD is more correct than I was. These were probably used far more in the MG42 than in the Mauser rifles.