7,9x33 Kurz charger

I found 3 of these chargers together in a bag, no box. The chargers have the same “exq/41” ID. The headstamps are mostly “aux 30 44 St” but there are a couple of “aux 24 44 St” and “aux 28 44 St”. Are these chargers original to ammo or someone just used them for loose rounds?

Since the clips for 7,9x57 and 7,9x33 were identical, the German factories would have simply redirected Rifle clips to Sturmgewehr ammo as required.
Some ammo factories made their own clips, others shared in the clip “pool”.

No way of knowing if the aux ammo (Polte) is originally on clips bought in. Polte did make their own clips for both 7,9 sS and 7,9 Kzp

Doc AV

1 Like

Since the clip appears to be dated 1941, it seems to me very unlikely that it was made for the 7.9x33mm.

Lew

My friend, the stripper clips were reused.

Rgds

Dutch,
As usually I was not sufficiently clear. I have Added a word to show my original intent.

Cheers,
Lew

Wim,
the chargers belong to the aux cartridges.I found in these aux 71 boxes aux 21 until 30 44 St cartridges,mostly aux 30.
I add the 1944 aux 71 box with this chargers and these rounds .
aux%2071%20ad%20620
aux%2071%20Inhalt

Norbert

1 Like

Norbert, Sorry if I created confusion. I understand that these exq/41 chargers were used on 7.9x33 rounds by Polte. I believe it would be more accurate to say they were reused on 7.9x33 rounds. With a 1941 manufacturing date they were almost certainly made for use on 7.9x57mm ammunition, and then later reused by Polte in 1944 on 7.9x33mm ammunition.

Cheers,
Lew

Lew,
chargers were reused and also produced only for 7,92x33 rounds.
for example aux 41 and nxc - 43 were only used for 7,92x33.

Cheers
Norbert
I am always looking for label pictures to improve my book about the development and production of the" 7,9mm Kurzpatrone 43" until now about 600 pages.

2 Likes

About 10 yrs ago I was offered a complete case of kurz ammo. I bought it, most were like these, no charging clips. Some had them (could not find them at the moment). I sold almost the entire case, since I had no use for them, but I wanted to keep the wood box.
Here is the box of ammo and the wood box. I love these original wood boxes and pick them up when I can (see 9mm luger wood box below, unfortunately I only got one ammo pack with it and ones shown are all empty now).

IMG_5106 IMG_5107

9mm wood box below
IMG_5108 IMG_5109 IMG_5110 IMG_5111

2 Likes

The first box with the press latches is German, but the second box with hook and loop latches is a German crate but Czech repack…note the Czech label on one of the packets.
The cardboard tragepaks are combat sleeves typical German.
CZECH repack/inspection done in 1955.
“Luftdruck” airtight sealed cans.
Shame markings have been painted over.

Doc AV

Your translation “airtight” is correct, but the German word is actually “luftdicht” (on the box: Luftdichter Patronenkasten)
“Luftdruck” would be air pressure.

Just shows how bad my German memory is…not enough Ordnance German practice.
Doc AV

Nice P08 case label. The missing white label below the German labels was a Finnish label:

Cheers,
Lew

Please look on the bottom of the 7,92x33 box.Sometimes are there the production date. I have a ggk box with ak -St 13 rounds and the date 27.1.45.

Thanks
Norbert