7'62 x 54R, Toledo spanish manufacture

Here are three samples of Toledo manufactured Mosin cartridges: F. N. T. 1944 - F N T 45 - F N T 50.

The F. N. T. 1944 appears to have been loaded from salvaged cases. According to Molina-Orea, these cases were of spanish wartime manufacture and the original raised headstamp on the beveled part of the head has been obliterated.

All of them have GM bullets and brass cases, although the 1950 has a mock CWS finish.

I must have a better F. N. T. 1944 specimen somewhere. Will post the headstamp if I’m able to find it.

Schneider, thanks for sharing the images! Great stuff!

Great stuff! Some of that needs to make it’s way over here!

…and some much closer places too…

Here are a few more pics to help the cause. I have “Possibly Spanish” in my records for the blank. Any thoughts on that?

Jon, what a great blank, never seen that one.

[quote=“Jon C.”]Here are a few more pics to help the cause. I have “Possibly Spanish” in my records for the blank. Any thoughts on that?
[/quote]

The blank could be spanish too, a wartime production case. But I have never heard of a blank like that, I haven’t seen a casemouth closure like that in any spanish production. I think it’s a movie blank. Movie blanks are often adapted from other calibers, reformed and loaded by the guys that rent guns and ammo for the movies. I have seen some bizarre ones, like .44-40 blanks from .303 cases.