7x57mm Spanish Mauser AP/T

Was just wondering if the 7x57mm Spanish Mauser AP/T has a military model number, like: Tracer model 47 or Armor Piercing model 1937? (7mm AP/T not listed in Military Rifle & Machinegun Cartridges, by Huon) Headstamp HP/1927 Thanks Wolfganggross

This round is designated “Leuchtspurpatrone Modell 1926” and was a contract for Chile, where it was designated “Cartucho luminoso Mauser cal. 7 mm” (its correct designation should have been S.m.K.'L, but the armour piercing capability was ommitted from its designation). The one in your collection is a Chilean factory reload made in 1973 using Belgian PRB ball powder. When this was done its designation was corrected to “Cartucho Perforante-Trazador Calibre 7 mm”. The color tip was dark blue but dissapeared in most reloaded cartridges.

Check IAA bulletins 489 p. 47 and 490 p. 44-45 for more information and pictures by Paul Smith.

Always a day late or a dollar short. Thanks Fede, never finished reading the 489 issue and paid my dues late so I didn’t receive the 490 issue!
Have two boxes of these with that very same over label. Under that label you can see a round sticker that is orange (maybe red) with a blue circle inside that and “HP” in white letters, and is torn down the middle as if there was a pull thread used to open it. Hints of blue on the tips of some of the rounds.
I need to pay attention a little bit more. thanks again kevin (wolfgang)

Were these cartridges assembled with the original bullets or ones of new manufacture? Jack

Jack, these kept the original bullets. This is an economic practice sometimes designated in Spanish as “Repotenciar” or in Portuguese as “Beneficiar”, and consist in changing the power and primer, and in ammunition greater than 20mm also repainting. Repacking or relabelling is also included in the process.

Fede: I thought maybe that was the case. Thanks much, Jack

[quote=“Fede”]This round is designated “Leuchtspurpatrone Modell 1926” and was a contract for Chile, where it was designated “Cartucho luminoso Mauser cal. 7 mm” (its correct designation should have been S.m.K.'L, but the armour piercing capability was ommitted from its designation). The one in your collection is a Chilean factory reload made in 1973 using Belgian PRB ball powder. When this was done its designation was corrected to “Cartucho Perforante-Trazador Calibre 7 mm”. The color tip was dark blue but dissapeared in most reloaded cartridges.

Check IAA bulletins 489 p. 47 and 490 p. 44-45 for more information and pictures by Paul Smith.[/quote]

Fede: you have a copy of this bulletins?. I want to read this information.

Saludos amigo.

[quote=“Fede”]This round is designated “Leuchtspurpatrone Modell 1926” and was a contract for Chile, where it was designated “Cartucho luminoso Mauser cal. 7 mm” (its correct designation should have been S.m.K.'L, but the armour piercing capability was ommitted from its designation). The one in your collection is a Chilean factory reload made in 1973 using Belgian PRB ball powder. When this was done its designation was corrected to “Cartucho Perforante-Trazador Calibre 7 mm”. The color tip was dark blue but dissapeared in most reloaded cartridges.

Check IAA bulletins 489 p. 47 and 490 p. 44-45 for more information and pictures by Paul Smith.[/quote]

Fede

I post the picture of the original cartridge. I got the picture of "Hirtenberger AG. The First 150 Years. Anniversary publication 2010.
The original cartridge show the dark blue tip (cartridge N°2).

The cartridge that you mentioned is reloaded in Chile by FAMAE in 1973.

The headstamp:

The bullet:

The cartridge:

Saludos amigo.

7x57mm Mauser AP?

Claudio, gracias por publicar las fotos.

There are actually two different AP-T loadings for Chile, one with a fuchsia tip (not the same cartridge as the fuchsia tip AP) and the other with a dark blue tip. One has a green trace turning to red and the other a green trace.