87 Grain .223 REM HVY MATCH

Found this box at a gun show, I’m guessing that its:
5.56mm Powell River Labs 87 grain blended metal core of powdered tungsten/ tin, in a copper jacket.
This would be one of three that competed against 27 different commercial match projectiles, for the Navys MK262MOD0 in 1999. The Sierra 77 gr Match King was eventually the winner, becoming the MK262MOD1.
Me thinks that the Powell River bullet construction was sold off to Dynamic Research Tech LLC (DRT) for thier line of Terminal Shock Frangible lead free pistol and rifle ammo. wolf

[quote=“wolfganggross”]

Found this box at a gun show, I’m guessing that its:
5.56mm Powell River Labs 87 grain blended metal core of powdered tungsten/ tin, in a copper jacket.
This would be one of three that competed against 27 different commercial match projectiles, for the Navys MK262MOD0 in 1999. The Sierra 77 gr Match King was eventually the winner, becoming the MK262MOD1.
Me thinks that the Powell River bullet construction was sold off to Dynamic Research Tech LLC (DRT) for thier line of Terminal Shock Frangible lead free pistol and rifle ammo. wolf[/quote]

You’re partially correct sir, there is a license agreement to DRT but they’re not making tungsten cored more a copper powder cored bullet. The tungsten cored bullet in your photo was by far one of the best performing projectiles I’ve ever used. One bullet will bring down a 1000lb Elk, no worries. I have lots of data if you’re interested.
Trident