8m/m Lebel

I assume it is Kynoch. I have an entire plain brown box of 20 identical rounds, and would like to see original English packaging. Would anyone have a picture?

Yes, Kynoch made in the 1920/30s.

I have a label that I will scan and post shortly.

Regards
TonyE

Help in dating a Kynoch box 8mm Lebel

Here is the label for the Kynoch Lebel rounds.

Note these are “Standard” rounds, i.e. calibration rounds against which production lots are fired for proof.

I suspect that when Kynoch produced the 8mm Lebel on contract (for Greece?) the Standard rounds left over at the end were sold as surplus onto the commercial market.

These rounds are quite frequently encountered, yet I have never seen a box label for the “ordinary” rounds. Another interesting point is that on another US forum recently somebody commented how accurate this ammunition still was.

Regards
TonyE

Help in dating a Kynoch box 8mm Lebel

Thanks. I, for some reason, can’t open “K” in 8mm Lebel under Municion.org, even though the rest of the web site is good. Why did they still make blunt nose projectiles in 1920’s when spitzer bullets already existed?

The simple answer is that it was what the customer ordered.

Around that time Kynoch were producing both the old round nosed bullets and modern spitzers in calibres like 7.65 x 54, 6.5 x 55 etc, depending on the customer.

Regards
TonyE

Another picture for information:

8lebel.org/index.php?option= … Itemid=213

I thought I had a Kynoch drawing of this round but I cannot find it at present. I was hoping it might shed some light on who they were made for.

I will keep looking.

Regards
TonyE