8mm Mauser dummy

Picked this guy up yesterday. It has a headstamp of St 1 43 aux
Appears to be chrome plated steel, attracts a magnet. Has a hole in the base but will not hold a primer. Any idea if its rare? Never seen one like this before. Tom

1 Like

Nice original werkzeug patrone!

3 Likes

Indeed, nice Werkzeugpatrone

3 Likes

There are different kind of headstamp (normal, WH, Heer, RLM) below one of them :

1 Like

I might point out that the first Werkzeugpatr. on this thread is a steel-case round. I know that was stated, but no one pointed out that these are considerably scarcer than the brass case versions, which make up the preponderance of variations in these WZ-Patr. cartridges.

John Moss

1 Like

John, of course they are rarer than the brass cartridge. Only 3 lots are known in two years.

The brass case was made a decade long.

Those days, the goal was to replace all parts made from rare materials like lead and brass to iron.

The last brass case is known from 1942.

They started in 1943 with the steel case and in 1944 the chrome plating was replaced to a kind of nickel.

But you already mentioned, you don’t see the often.

Rgds

Thanks for all the great replies! Tom from MN

Hi Tom,
I’m sending a photo of a few pieces I have.
Regards Franta.

1 Like

A sectioned example without the later versions inner support rod
P S* 24 39 is the HS & it will be in my next sale lot 258

3 Likes

Franta,

The bottom right is not a werkzeug patrone but
a scarce 7,92x57 chamber gauge.

And a few other headstamps.

5 Likes

I picked these up many years ago. They were expensive, but I was very happy to get them.Exerzierpatronen 01 Exerzierpatronen 02 Exerzierpatronen 03 Exerzierpatronen 04

7 Likes

Very nice box.

Congratulations.

Hi,
What is this closure? Plastic ?
obrazek

thank you

Copper.

One of the drawers,

Kist2

3 Likes

dutch,
thank you for the info,
copper for soft impact firing pin? Expensive variant

I think at the place they used this gauge, it was for measurements not for function testing.